Audacity 2.0.4 RC1 / Audacity 2.0.3
AudacityÂ® is free, open source, cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, AAC, MP4, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 files, and more. Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix trackstogether, apply effects to your recordings, change the speed or pitch of a recording, and really much more. Audacity enables FLAC support. The program also has a built-in amplitude-envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode, and a frequency-analysis window for audio-analysis applications. Built-in effects include Bass Boost, Wahwah, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST plug-in effects.
Audacity is without a doubt one of the best and easiest digital audio editors on the market and it will meet any requirement at 100% no matter if it is home or professional audio edition.
You can use Audacity to:
â€¢ Record live audio.
â€¢ Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
â€¢ Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
â€¢ Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
â€¢ Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
â€¢ And more! See the complete list of features
Changes in Audacity 2.0.4:
* Keyboard Preferences: Shortcuts for Generators, Effects and Analyzers were not exported. All imported shortcut changes were discarded.
* Equalization curves were corrupted in Graphic EQ mode after switching to/from Draw Curves or after running the effect then reopening it.
* Change Pitch displayed corrupted values when reducing pitch or editing â€œfromâ€ Frequency. Detection was very inaccurate at high sample rates.
* Bass Boost no longer clips if the track contains 32-bit audio.
* Auto Duck was excessively slow on older machines.
* (Windows) Exported MP3 comments tags were not seen by Windows programs.
* (Windows and OS X) Audacity crashed if you used system quit before file import was complete.
* (Linux) Equalization crashed Audacity if the XML file was corrupted.
* (Linux) When configuring effect parameters in â€œEdit Chainsâ€, â€œPreviewâ€ (not intended to be functional) caused a crash.
* (Linux) LICENSE.txt and README.txt were wrongly installed in /usr/local/share/doc instead of /usr/local/share/doc/audacity/ .
* Accessibility: ENTER did not toggle selectedness of a label track unless a label was selected.
* Numerous other interface fixes.
Changes and Improvements:
* New â€œReverbâ€ effect to replace GVerb, based on the original â€œFreeverbâ€.
* New View > Go to Selection Start and Go to Selection End commands.
* New â€œAlign End to Endâ€ command to append existing tracks to each other.
* Change Tempo now supports fractional BPM.
* Plot Spectrum now supports FFT sizes up to 65536.
* WAV files now support â€œAlbum Titleâ€, â€œTrack Numberâ€ and â€œGenreâ€ LIST INFO tags and also support ID3 tags.
* Handle a bug in older iPods or some OS X applications that cause them to refuse AIFF files whose metadata contains an uneven number of characters,
* (Windows) Added support for â€œWindows WDM-KSâ€ host which can provide very low latencies if you reduce â€œAudio to Bufferâ€ in Recording Preferences.
* (Windows Vista and later) You can now record computer playback by choosing the new â€œWindows WASAPIâ€ host in Device Toolbar then a â€œloopbackâ€ input.
* (Windows and Mac OS X): VST scanning dialog now replaced with a dialog for choosing which VST effects to load.
* (Linux) CTRL + ALT can now be used to smooth samples in Draw Tool.
* Modules Preferences replaced with a dialog on launch of Audacity enabling you to choose which modules to load.
Homepage â€“ http://audacity.sourceforge.net
Download Beta - Audacity 2.04 RC1