Atx power supply

vbimport

anyone know how to connect 2 atx power supply to 1 mainboard?????

You`re crazy! :slight_smile:

Ive never heard that but when it work then only with a connector(dont know if its the real word because my english is not so cool!“Adapter in german”)

Big Daddy

[This message has been edited by bigdaddy (edited 29 February 2000).]

Why do you want to do this. Do you have 2 systeemkasten on your mainboard?

I can guezz what you’re trying. MY guess is that you have a BIG tower filled with all these nifty toys but not enough connectors/juice from your single power supply.

What work best is (if possible ofcourse) buy a normat AT power supply and fit this is your tower and make an extra connector for the power switch. An ATX power supply won’t work coz you need the motherboard connectors for turning power on and off.

Good luck,

pSyChO dAd

What??? do you have a freezer inside of your atx-case. Why not spread your exotic hardware in more than one computer?

I found a shop wich sells 300 watt atx supply’s (even low noise versions)
It is a Dutch shop called “Norrod”
look at www.norrod.nl
The can ship outside the netherlands, but i think it is better to order it within the netherlands (or pick it up in groningen or zwolle)

have phun!

or Leeuwarden

just simple place a wire from first power supply on the 12voltage . to a relay, to swith the 220 voltage sec power supply.when somethings happend with your mainboard the relay automticly swith off the sec power supply

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF PUTTING 2 POWER SUPPLIES TO A MOTHERBOARD?I MEAN , IT WON’T PERFORM BETTER, WILL IT?

I’m assuming that your one PSU is not supplying enough juice (Athlon?) anyway connect one psu to your power connector and the other to power all your drives (preferably a non-atx one for this). Switch on the drives first. let them tun up and stabilise then power on the motherboard. voila.
Cheers

off course you can and why?
well if you have a PIII800 or Athlon with gforce etc. and a 6amp.72 watt peltier with some 33 cfm blowers then you need it. i run that for severall months now day and night.
you can find more info schema and pictures here on this site http://www.swiftnets.com/cgi/shop.pl/SID=5316100/page=components.htm/SID=5316100

klik on MC2000 specs and scrol down to powerrequirements.

and with the powerbutton both ps turn on and off.

[This message has been edited by gdew (edited 11 March 2000).]