Atip question

the option hide media , do i have to check this when i’m burning
or when i want to play a game.
in 1 week i’m going to my brother in law in london and i promissed him a copy of fifa2002 (with the atip).

Ah, I see, so he’s going to keep posession of your one legal backup? Or does the End User Licence Agreement allow more than one copy?

ATQ - no

For an explanation of the new CloneCD options read this.

yes , it’s only 1 backup because i have one original and that’s enough.
i could play it on my own computer , but he can’t.
every time the game loads , he get’s an error.
he got another .exe file and now it works.
i thought ccd makes a 1 to 1 copy.
is there someone who knows the reason for that?
(sorry for the bad englisch!)
and thanks for the link!

CloneCD does make a 1:1 copy but with SafeDisc 2 there are some other issues to look out for. Sometimes a writer will make a back-up that works in the recorder only and will not play in a different CD-ROM. Therefore you might get the error you described when you want to play from a different device. That’s where CloneCD’s new AWS function was intended for. But then again, it doens’t always work for every writer… The hide cdr media option is only to play the game from a writer.

So you see there could be more than 1 cause why he can’t play the game and you can.

Ha Ha …!!!
Like me , you picked the one game thats a bitch to copy. Had my Plex 24x for a few days now and was beginning to wonder if it was worth buying, I took advice of these guys (we are not worthy) and managed to copy a SD2 disk… eventually. The only one I have a problem with is Fifa 2002…!! (the one I started with)
It has SD2 and an APTI media check… All my backups work fine (no more shouting at the kids.!) But I resorted to using a Safedisk Dumper and Rebuilder to fix Fifa.
Funny thing I expected Harry Potter (EA games) to have the same protection … nope works fine!
FutureProof and G@M3FR3@K know there stuff, listen to these guys…!!!
Respect
Hope u had a great Xmas! I’m pissed !

yes,but my writer is a philips cdd4801 and if it’s right,it has it’s own repairing of the weak sectors(so i’m not checking the aws).
and it plays well on my old 233 mmx computer with a 20x speed atapi cd-rom player.
and not in my writer with the hide atip option on.
it works in my toshiba 1502.
it stil has a lot of questons for me because why does it work at his place with another exe file.
and what is a safedisk dumper and rebuilder.
do you mean betablocker?
thanks for the answers you have given sofar:D

best wishes and a good (fifa)2002.

Originally posted by de deejay
it stil has a lot of questons for me because why does it work at his place with another exe file.
and what is a safedisk dumper and rebuilder.
do you mean betablocker?

Because he probably use a cracked exe removing the protection(s). The SafeDisc dumper/rebuilder is not BetaBlocker. It’s a tool developped by a group called R!SC and is used to remove the SafeDisc (2) check from a protected file (mostly the .exe). With this tool you can sort of make your own cracked exe files wihout needing to download them from for instance www.gamecopyworld.com

i have the programs now and they work ,i can make my own exe files but i still want to know how i can copy the game without any tricks.
the only question i have left is : does it make any difference making a copy in one time or first write it on my hdd and then on a cd.

Originally posted by de deejay
does it make any difference making a copy in one time or first write it on my hdd and then on a cd.
Nope it doesn’t. However is does matter from what kind os SafeDisc 2 title you’re trying to make a back-up. Quoting from FutureProof:

If the copy is an “AWS” burn by a non-SD2 burner then EC must be set to “none”.

If the copy is a burn by a correct SD2 writer then error correction MUST NOT be set to none.

If the copy is an “AWS” burn by a proper SD2 writer then the copy cannot be copied (I think - I haven’t tested this but thinking it through leads me to believe that it may not work given the EC & sector regeneration performed anyway by CCD).
If you have the original disc the copy made with your Philips should work in every CD-ROM. However it might not work in a CD-Writer because of the ATIP protection.