ATIP and other pain in the asses

Hello everyone

I wonder if there is SOME way to make a backup of for exampel an safedisk (newes) game and DONT use hide cd media in clonecd afterwords or is that impossible with that cd-protection (ATIP and so on). Witch burners can do that? Litheon 48x12x48? if its possible that is.

Is there another cd-protection that i should worry about that is on many games? I read about securom on this forum but cant find if its burnable without any emulation and hide cd-media afterwords.

In any case… witch burner is able with clonecd to make backups of most games that comes out nowadays and NOT use emulation and hide cd so i know what i want to buy.

Glad for answer…/newbie boodie

OPS! saw a tread about witch buner to buy right in front of my nose but to tierd to read that… I have Warcraft 3, MOHAA, Diablo2… and want to backup them.

The main question stands anyway… witch buner can backup most new games of diffrent CRP that comes out nowadays without emulations…

witch buner can backup most new games of diffrent CRP that comes out nowadays without emulations…

For games: LiteOn.

If you don’t want to enable “Hide CDR Media,” you must run the game from a CDROM device that cannot read ATIP info. Oh ya, Asus CD Writers are very good as well.

OK…
thanks a lot guys… im looking for a totaly new computer and dont wanna have a single bad thing in it.

BUT realy annoying that if u dont enable hide cd media if u run the game in your cd burner u cant run it. That should mean that its like totaly impossible to get a TOTALY working compy of that game =(. Hate to have to get new cd cracks and new versions of clonecd averytime a new version av a patch to the game is released with a new backlist of for example clonecd.

Witch asus do u mean?
i know that litheon have trouble making backup of wc3 but the asus drives can (witch ones i dont know). is that true? is there other games that is like that? asus can burn it but not litheon or litheon can burn it but not asus.

If I had to guess which Asus writers are the best to buy, I would guess that it would be some of the newer/faster models. Liteons are still excellent drives and I would recommend one. With that Securom New problem, if I remember correctly, other users on this forum have said that using CD Mate for Securom works very well with a Liteon. Some other said they couldn’t backup “The Thing” with Clone CD, but it worked with CD Mate the first time. Also, with your computer get a good CDROM drive, such as a Plextor or a Toshiba to read audio, since Liteons are horrible in that field. Search the forum for the best CDROM.

Originally posted by Phunky
Witch asus do u mean?
I have the ASUS 16x, 40x & 48x = no problems except audio protections. I also have the Liteon 24x, 32x and 40x = unreliable subs reading on particular game titles. The Liteon 40x & 48x seem to be unaffected by the latest SecuROM whereas there are reports of problems with the 24x and 32x which I can attest to

Thanks again… i think im going with the asus 48-40-48 or what its called… audioprotection i dont care about becouse i dont burn backups of my music cd’s… If one of them broke i could manage to buy a new one but if a game cd broke i would be pissed.

The rest of the comp i want to buy is like this:
amd 2200 tb
512mb ram
radeon 9700pro (if they manage to find a cure for all the buggs, cant wait 3mounth to nv30)
asus agp 8x motherboard
asus cd-rw burner
audigy soundcard
creative 5x dvd player (from my old comp)
2x 120gb ibm harddrives
nec or lg 19" monitor flatron

i think that will do nicely =)
dont want something crappy when i gonna get 10mbit/s internet access soon and want to game battlefiled 1942 online.

The rest of the comp i want to buy is like this:
radeon 9700pro
asus agp 8x motherboard
audigy soundcard
2x 120gb ibm harddrives
nec or lg 19" monitor flatron

May I have an opinion on these items? The Radeon is nice but what about a proven nVidia…compatibility and great driver support is assured. AGP 3.0? Do you really need to spill the bucks for this? Audigy…I have been in Audigy hell because the chip is largely incompatible with my motherboard, and I’m among thousands of disaffected customers; go for something else that has S/PDIF_IN inside and digital out on the on the card’s backplane. IBM disks have been dying in droves - search the web for more info. The Seagate Barracuda IVs are terrific value and are very quiet. The pick though is the WD 120JB with an 8 MB buffer. I have tested this disk and it is fabulous, now under AUD$400 or around USD$210. Check out the Hitachi Flat Screen range; great price, big res, low dp (.21 I recall)

Originally posted by FutureProof
I have the ASUS 16x, 40x & 48x = no problems except audio protections.
So you did test the Asus babes out on protected audio CDs FP… were they unable to rip them (as Lities are)?

Originally posted by Hemispasm
So you did test the Asus babes out on protected audio CDs FP… were they unable to rip them (as Lities are)?
The CRW-4012A can do CDS200 on White Lillies but not the 16x or 48x

You may not care about audio protection now, that may not be the case later. :eek:

Originally posted by CCDKing
You may not care about audio protection now, that may not be the case later. :eek:
Well, then you’d need one of those 1:1000000 Plexys that can kill SD2.51.x :bigsmile:

Originally posted by CCDKing

Not only don’t we have copy protected audio here in oz but the record companies have stated that they have no intention of introducing it here for some time, if ever. :slight_smile: My guess is that they never will or, if they do, it will be many years before it happens.

So, we’ll just worry about it if and when it occurs (our present writers will all, no doubt, have gone to burner heaven by then anyway). :wink:

The monitor factor is becouse flatscreens isnt as good for gaming. The soundcard… it depends on witch motherboard and that is under control.

Even if nvidia is a proven good alternativ i cant look over the fact that the radeon is 1/3 faster in everything and i cant wait until nv30 becouse then there is always anything els around the corner that is better. agp 8 is not mor expensive than the other moderboards ive looked at with 333 or 400 memory support.

I have an ibm 120gb now and no prob and its silent and fast. I read about the problem earlier, it seems that it was most on the series before and the numbers is decreasing about ibm disks having problem.

Then is the price thingy a little difrent in sweden than in other places… the ibm disk i can look for another but if not nv30 comes with info that they gona kick radeon easy and release before Xmas then its no good to wait around.

The monitor factor is becouse flatscreens isnt as good for gaming.
Didn’t know that
The soundcard… it depends on witch motherboard and that is under control.
True, true, but it hates my MSI

i cant look over the fact that the radeon is 1/3 faster in everything

Not in the real world. How many fps do you need for fps? 60…100…150…200…you must hang around via arena and bitch about 232 fps over 233 :stuck_out_tongue:

I have an ibm 120gb now

Can’t help bad luck, eh?

Just kidding :wink:

Hehe the ibm is also ceapest… can only choose ibm or western from where i buy and western ar expensive. i can se exactly when u reply in icq so its like a chat now :stuck_out_tongue:

yupp MSI has a prob but id the mobo was released after audigy and its by abit or asus it should work but im gonna look more in to that.

The radeon is for its already a fact that doom3 gonna rock on that card (id says it even, its on that card they records the demo)and you can also have 4x antialasing on everyting and even then get more than nvidia without in some places =) but im gonna look that up becouse if nv30 gets here soon i can buy a cheap geforce 3 and wait til nv30 but i cant wait forever.

And do i buy a comp now i want it to last a bit and every game is gonna use doom3 engine later i think.