ATI HD5570 1GB => No DVXA in DVFab?

vbimport

I am long time use of DVDFab and about to buy the converter.

Anyway, bought a new Lenovo All-In-One I7 IdeaCentre B510 - 77121VU which has ATI HD5570 w/1GB memory…W7 64-bit. I have DVDFab 8.1.0.5Qt installed and in my DVDFab config under A/V codec for Video Decoder it shows H.264 and VC1 under DXVA but MPEG2 under software. I try to change to DXVA and it says my grahpics card cannot support. This can’t be true…the HD5570 has DXVA for MPEG2 and the graphics driver is the lastest…is this an error…incorrect detect by DVDFab ?

Driver Packaging Version 8.712-100302b-097408C-Lenovo

Thx !!!

[QUOTE=thekochs;2604328]I am long time use of DVDFab and about to buy the converter.

Anyway, bought a new Lenovo All-In-One I7 IdeaCentre B510 - 77121VU which has ATI HD5570 w/1GB memory…W7 64-bit. I have DVDFab 8.1.0.5Qt installed and in my DVDFab config under A/V codec for Video Decoder it shows H.264 and VC1 under DXVA but MPEG2 under software. I try to change to DXVA and it says my grahpics card cannot support. This can’t be true…the HD5570 has DXVA for MPEG2 and the graphics driver is the lastest…is this an error…incorrect detect by DVDFab ?

Driver Packaging Version 8.712-100302b-097408C-Lenovo

Thx !!![/QUOTE]
Hi thekochs

You should update to v8120, in the A/V Codec settings page in common settings look at the very bottom you will see a list for “Supported Video Codecs” …

CUDA_MODE_H264
CUDA_MODE_VC1
CUDA_MODE_MPEG2
[B]DXVA_MODE_H264[/B]

DXVA [B]->[/B] ([B]D[/B]irect[B]X[/B] [B]V[/B]ideo [B]A[/B]ccelerator)

If you do not see DXVA listed please verify that you indeed have DirectX
installed if so which version of DirectX ? with that graphic card you should have DirectX 11 installed.

This is a brand new I7 machine…top of the line…Windows 7 64-bit.
I do have K-Lite Codecs loaded since I like to use older Media Player classic and run MKV(H.264) movie files.

Anyway, to confirm your inquiry I ran dxdiag and DirectX 11 is installed.

In DVD Fab 8.1.0.5qt under Settings>A/V Codec…
[B][U]Decoder[/U][/B]
H.264 => DXVA
VC1 => DXVA
MPEG2 => Software {gives error if I try to change to DXVA…says grfx card can’t support}
[B][U]Encoder[/U][/B]
H.264 => Software

[B][U]Codec Information[/U][/B]
Graphics Chipset :
ATI Radeon HD 5570
Supported Video Codecs :
DXVA_MODE_H264
DXVA_MODE_VC1
CoreAVC : cannot be detected.

=> I will update to v8120 as you suggested…is that the issue ?..known ?

Thx…really appreciate the help !!!

According to what you posted your graphic card does have support for the DXVA for [B]H264[/B] and [B]VC1[/B] but does not have support for the MPEG2.

That is what DVDFab is reporting but not true of the ATI HD 5570 controller.
It supports DXVA 1.0 and 2.0
http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-5000/hd-5570/Pages/hd-5570-overview.aspx#2

This is why I’m wondering if it is an incorrect “read” by DVDFab ?

Also, there was a post by you ?..last night to the effect…
[B][I]“I have never tried the DXVA and just now tried the setting myself which I too have this issue so it may be a bug, I will contact DVDFab support”…[/I][/B]

I don’t see this anymore listed…do you see same problem ?
What gfx card/driver are you using ?

DXVA for MPEG decode is fairly standard feature on all gfx products now…has been for along time.

Thus, on the surface this seems an issue/oversight/bug in DVDFab…hopefully a simple fix.

Anyway, thx again for the help !!!..I know the ATI HD5570 supports.

Thx.

No further response ? :frowning:

Please help…this appears to be something within DVDFab as a misread of gfx chip/driver ability. I’ve researched and the ATI HD5570 clearly has DXVA support for MPEG2 decode. The issue with not having this set correctly is it takes 2X longer to backup the DVD…a 10-12minute effort on my prior XP Pro SP3 Pentium 4 3Ghz machine on my new quad core I7 Windows 7 machine is 30+ minutes.

Thx !!!

Update…I installed/tried v8.1.2.0qt and no change…still an issue.

No answers ?

I’m sure I must not be only one with this issue. :sad:

Seems like there is some recent historical issue with DXVA and AMD/ATI ?
Any insights on my issue above and if it is known and working on would be good to hear. Thx.
[I]
DVDFab 8.0.9.0 Qt is out (May 9, 2011):
Currently the ATI Stream support is limited to video decoding only. It’s the problem of AMD driver, and we need to wait for driver updates to support H.264 video encoding. Also the decoding speed of ATI Stream is not very faster than DXVA, but it should be more stable than DXVA[/I]

[QUOTE=thekochs;2605556]No answers ?

I’m sure I must not be only one with this issue. :sad:

Seems like there is some recent historical issue with DXVA and AMD/ATI ?
Any insights on my issue above and if it is known and working on would be good to hear. Thx.
[I]
DVDFab 8.0.9.0 Qt is out (May 9, 2011):
Currently the ATI Stream support is limited to video decoding only. It’s the problem of AMD driver, and we need to wait for driver updates to support H.264 video encoding. Also the decoding speed of ATI Stream is not very faster than DXVA, but it should be more stable than DXVA[/I][/QUOTE]

No my friend your not the only one! I have ATI 5850 card and it says the same thing as you. Build my PC over a year ago and never found a soultion. Windows 7 Ult 64bit,6gs of ram,overclocked CPU and ATI card,back ups run pretty fast still.

Don’t lose hope :disagree: ! One day it will happen:iagree:

Thx…I know it sounds strange but good to hear.

I was just hoping someone at DVdFab would say “yes, we are aware of this and we are waiting for ATI driver or we are tweeking, etc.”. In other words, we confirm it is an issue DVDFab needs to address but not ready yet. I can be patient…because as you said the raw horsepower of my machine still crunches the backup OK but clearly DXVA should be used/running and it is not. Since VC1 & H.264 are fine I would assume old MPEG2 would be a no-brainer to go back and address.

Anyway, thx for the post…anyone from DVDFab to chime in ?

Thx !!

DXVA support has always been a bit flaky and CUDA has always been more stable.

These are popular graphics cards though so I’m sure they’re aware of this.

Unfortunately there have been a lot of problems implementing the Qt version (particularly on XP SP3 machines) and the new Macintosh preview version has just been released too so I suspect these have taken up most of the development time recently.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Womber,

Thanks for the feeback. I guess I’m not as concerned that DXVA does not work in DVDFab for MP2 as I am that the message alarmed me that my graphics card does not support…clearly it does. So, from what I gleem from the above thread that this is a DVDFab driver/software issue and/or combination with ATI driver…and [B][I]not [/I][/B]my card ?

The PC I have is a new i7 W7-64bit Lenovo All-In-One B510-77121VU. It is a real screamer and since my old P4 2Ghz XP SP3 w/AI Radeon card worked I was surprised when I saw this. :eek:

Do you think this will be addressed by DVDFab at some point ?

Thx !

Still no fix in 8.1.3.8qt ? :frowning:

Will this ever be addressed/fixed in DVDFab ? :sad:

[QUOTE=thekochs;2628506]Will this ever be addressed/fixed in DVDFab ? :sad:[/QUOTE]

It’s a problem that has been there for a very long time and presumably affects quite a large number of users so there must be some difficulty in getting this sorted.

As you are probably aware the staff here are not part of the DVDFab team so unfortunately the best we can do for you is report this again and see what happens.

[B]Wombler[/B]