ATI Catalyst question

do ATI Catalyst drivers always install dual monitors in the display settings properties ?
i only have one monitor, but it shows a second one aswell.
is there a way to remove the second non existing one ?

It has always shows them on mine. If I don’t have a second connected it is just grayed out. Is there a reason you don’t want to see it in the settings? It doesn’t affect anything.

same here

since Catalyst >3.6 it installs two monitors.
since i have a dual monitor set-up i now have 4 monitors in the display settings properties :eek:
dont notice any side effects from it so i assume its ok, although ATI should fix this to give the driver a better look

Why, more monitors = more coolness, even if it is only imaginary :smiley:

Originally posted by Airhead
Why, more monitors = more coolness, even if it is only imaginary :smiley:

in some rare cases programs cant handle the “4” monitor set-up
Gothic 2 for example (i know that game is bugy like hell, but that damn JoWood is only giving support to german people)
at the video device render selector the program goes completely nuts because its seeking a secondary monitor on the primary connection, obvious there isnt any connected.

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[B]same here

since Catalyst >3.6 it installs two monitors.
since i have a dual monitor set-up i now have 4 monitors in the display settings properties :eek:
dont notice any side effects from it so i assume its ok, although ATI should fix this to give the driver a better look [/B]

I use my television as my second monitor through the s-video out on my ATI. Just curious what hardware is needed to run two monitors?

true it probably doesn’t cause problems.
i agree with Maelstrom though “ATI should fix this to give the driver a better look”
nvidia’s drivers used to have the exact same thing and they fixed there drivers.
kinda stupid that it shows 2 monitors when only one on the entire system.

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
I use my television as my second monitor through the s-video out on my ATI. Just curious what hardware is needed to run two monitors?

you dont need any special hardware to run a two monitor set-up.
only a videocard that is capable to connect 2 monitors (almost every new card now days has that option) and offcourse two monitors :wink:

i run two monitors on a dual Xeon 3.06Ghz system, just great to see that you have 30+ windows open and the system is still running like there is nothing running :slight_smile:

Indeed, this dual monitor systems work like a charm. On my main system, I have two monitors (one 19" and one 17") connected to my Radeon 9700. They are running both on diferent resolutions without a single problem. I just love this setup :wink:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
Indeed, this dual monitor systems work like a charm. On my main system, I have two monitors (one 19" and one 17") connected to my Radeon 9700. They are running both on diferent resolutions without a single problem. I just love this setup :wink:

Guess I’m going to have to upgrade from my old 64 mb VIVO card.