Atheiest's at it again grinching holidays

vbimport

GUY’S
Atheiest’s,humanist’s or what ever you want to call
them,are now putting up billboards next to minorahs,
christian holiday displays. While I know everyone has
the right to freedom of speech. I think it’s silly to
put billboard messages next to jewish/christian symbols
of their faith, just to disrupt others religious beliefs.
ZAP.:(:doh:http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1223450/billboards_keep_atheists_company_during.html?cat=74

This world has to many people with nothing else to do.

Here is my analysis. These Atheiest groups of people only seem to come out this time of year. Why is what I would be asking these folks to why now and not any other time of the year. It offends some to say Merry Christmas cause the word Christ is in it but at the same time any other holiday we say happy or such as well with no problems. I am not apposed to what one person wants or needs to believe but I do find it disturbing that it only happens at Christmas. Here is a nice you tube video for all those that enjoy Christmas. This video goes with the talk of this thread.

[B][U]Christmas with a capital “C” - On You Tube[/U][/B]

This problem doesn’t exist here in Denmark, Norway and Sweden, since the name of the Christmas holiday here is “[I]Jul[/I]” (i.e. same as Yule in English).

Santa Claus is called “[I]Julemanden[/I]” i.e. The Yule Man.

Pretty much everything having to do with Christmas here is called [I]Jule[U]something[/U][/I].

I’ve never heard of any Christians around here complaining that the name of the holiday doesn’t have the word “Christ” or “Jesus” in it.

Some people do complain that [I]Julemanden[/I] (Santa Claus) is too much of a Coca Cola creation, and that people are way more occupied with buying and getting presents than they are with the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ or with the “be kind to each other” message.

In the USA, Christmas as an economic event has far overshadowed it as a religious holiday for many decades. Numerous companies and stores rely on Christmas sales to be profitable for the year. The rest of the year they lose money. IMO, this is where Christians should lodge their complaints and work to make a change. Get Christmas back to what it is supposed to be, a celebration of the birth of their savior and not being shamed into spending money they don’t have year after year. The Christmas holiday we celebrate today is basically a creation of great marketing. All this attention given to this one small board in Washington State only brings more of the same elsewhere. I say let them put up the sign and ignore it.

GUY’S
Peoples religious symbols don’t bother me.
It only bothers me when some people who are
basically a small number. Do something basically to
offend other peoples beliefs. For example in the TORAH,or
in the bible for others. There is the story of NOAH and
the ARK. I don’t really believe this story as literal. I see
it more as an allagory then actual fact. Anyway my point
is just because I question it.I am not going to offend
anyone and say they are believing in fiction.
ZAP.:bigsmile:

The guy doesn’t offend me. He is an inconsequential blip on the national RADAR screen. Ignoring him is the best way to make him go away. He is just stating his opinion and it means no more than that, IMO. What they need to do is require a certain number of signatures on a petition to be able to put up a display. Then if some group is in the lunatic fringe they won’t be able to get the proper number of signatures.

Sigh I have yet to meet an atheist that doesn’t have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to religion and they constantly feel that they have to argue or defend their position. If you choose not to believe in a higher power that is fine, but you don’t need to go around challenging or attacking everyone who does believe in a higher power. The guy who put up that billboard, needs to read his own message a little bit closer. How can it be considered being good to sow discord and malcontent by posting things that are intended to challenge a person’s beliefs. end rant

[quote=zap em;2169650]GUY’S
ZAP.:(:doh:http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1223450/billboards_keep_atheists_company_during.html?cat=74[/quote]

If some1 has Faith in there Religion NOTHING will disrupt it .
I feel only people that are insecure Suffer.
Just my View :slight_smile:

Atheism is a belief system. It is a religion. They are religious in their dogma. If you believe in nothing then you believe. If you have to proselytize your belief you make the point further. A person who truly did not not believe would not be bothered. How can you be bothered by something that does not exists. What is really going on is they wish to interfere with the freedom of religious expression and freedom of worship. Their attacks on the institutions validate the same institutions as they lend credence to that which they can not understand and cannot shout down.

“I could never ever say or sing it, for it could not be shouted down, as I feel this never ending pattern of nature, I don’t believe in Devils. I don’t believe in Demons, I only believe in you”…Jon Anderson", From "Anderson Wakeman Brford Howe. (Of YES fame.)

[QUOTE=zap em;2169650]I think it’s silly
… to disrupt others religious beliefs.
ZAP.:(:doh:http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1223450/billboards_keep_atheists_company_during.html?cat=74[/QUOTE]

I agree, that’s why I kick out of my property all those christians, mormons, adventists, etc. that think they have a right to come to my house trying to convince me that their tales are worthy of my time.
I think what they really want is 10% of my earnings.

[quote=zap em;2169650]GUY’S
ZAP.:(:doh:http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1223450/billboards_keep_atheists_company_during.html?cat=74[/quote]Sort of like religious twits knocking on my door at 7am on a Sunday morning, I don’t see any difference. The only thing I see here is you can’t handle what you zealots do to everyone else every other day of the year.

[quote=camellote;2170050]I agree, that’s why I kick out of my property all those christians, mormons, adventists, etc. that think they have a right to come to my house trying to convince me that their tales are worthy of my time.
I think what they really want is 10% of my earnings.[/quote]
Exactly!!

[QUOTE=Zathros;2170015]Atheism is a belief system. It is a religion. They are religious in their dogma. If you believe in nothing then you believe. If you have to proselytize your belief you make the point further. A person who truly did not not believe would not be bothered. How can you be bothered by something that does not exists. What is really going on is they wish to interfere with the freedom of religious expression and freedom of worship. Their attacks on the institutions validate the same institutions as they lend credence to that which they can not understand and cannot shout down. [/QUOTE]
:iagree: Totally :iagree:
I don’t care about any religion. They’re just different instruction manuals for a good life, atheists have lost the plot. Separate the message from the chaff. Blowing crap up, or forming a subversive organization to over take the government is just primal quest for power, and should be actively discouraged as it’s detrimental to everyone.

If atheists want company, I suggest they stop being a bunch of grumpy old bastards and join in the festivities, religion or not.

Here’s a summary of every religion, including buddhism which is godless.

You’re Welcome.
[B]Be excellent to eachother.
Strive to improve yourself.
[/B]

And have a Merry Christmas, Xmas, or Hanuka, Corporate Retail Money Grab Festival, or whatever floats your boat.

[QUOTE=debro;2170065]:…forming a subversive organization to over take the government is just primal quest for power, and should be actively discouraged as it’s detrimental to everyone.t.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about USA vs Castro? Why?

Actually I was referring to the evangelical movement in the USA, training zealots from early childhood, and attempting to promote them into powerful positions. Not just the government lobbying, but actively trying to push them into power positions within the US government. But also the Muslim movements in Eastern Countries, with religous councils attempting to subvert the governments & forcing Islamic laws upon non-Islamic masses.

Bad News for Everyone. If you’re not with us. Die!

If you look at Iran, most of the population is defined as Muslim/Islamic, but they aren’t. Their parents were forced to declare themselves as belonging to the Islamic religion (when Islamic priests took over the government), and a change of religion garners a death penalty, so their children are born into an islamic family, and can’t declare themselves Christian, Atheist, Buddhist, or whatever without getting killed.

When it comes right down to it no one can prove or disprove if we will see an after life. Zathos has a good point in that this guy is arguing for non atheists to believe in nothing which is in itself a belief system which could be called a religion.

"Atheism is the religion of no religion."
If you want to hear how wrong an atheist thinks that statment is just tell one that.
Then you will hear some atheist evangelizing.
Good post Zathros

I grew up in a protestant denomination that basically felt anyone outside of that church was going to hell. I converted to Catholicism during the height of all of the pedophile stuff based on what I read in the church doctrine. I could not imagine spending eternity with the prior church, if they were the only ones there. Too some degree all churches suck. That is because it is a microcosm of the world around it. People suck in general at some point or another. The Bible states that you cannot approach God unless he allows it. That means some people cannot see God. If you follow that logic it suggests that some non believers are doing God’s will. That is one reason I do not judge people on religious basis. God said he’s coming for his church, he didn’t tell me or write down anywhere who would be in that church and with puny mind and thoughts I will not “tie the hands of God” with my limited knowledge.

We offer nothing new under the sun, though we may observe what has not been observed or understood before.

Those damn atheists are at it again:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/26/colorado.church/index.html