Atapi dvda dh16a1p

vbimport

ok folks,

thank you in advance.
I am only a user so tech talk is chinese to me.
I have Lenovo desktop station with installed [I]ATAPI DVDA DH16A1P cd/dvd multi recorder

A month ago I found out that my “thing” is not reading all those dvd’s no more.
I also had a problem with NERO and unistall it .
I am not shure if that is connected, but now I dont have NERO on, and neither my “thing” can read all dvd’s which I burned on same machine.
Can you point me to link where can I find driver/ firmware / anything-ware to solve my problem.

regards

danny
[/I]

Hi Danny, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Does your DVD drive only have a problem reading burned DVDs, or does it have a problem with pressed (original commercial) ones as well?

Can you have a look in Device Manager, and tell us if there are any yellow exclamation marks (!) next to any of the components listed?

And lastly, what version of Windows are you running?

thanks for quick reply.

DVD has problems with both -/+ R/RW , some he can read some dont ( even both were burned on this computer by Nero)
Originals are seen with no problem.

I also looked in Device Manager list, and there are NO yelow excamaltion marks on any device.

My current Windows edition is: XP Proffesional
Version 2002
Service pack 3

could it be due to reason I deleted NERO ?

[QUOTE=dannyghost;2483281]
could it be due to reason I deleted NERO ?[/QUOTE]

I very much doubt it, unless you burned those “problem” discs with something like the InCD portion of Nero (which is the packet-writing part), rather than Burning ROM or one of the other Nero components. :slight_smile:

How old are the discs that aren’t being read? Also, what brand? Could be a media quality/deterioration problem. :slight_smile:

well, thats the odd part.

I use Traxdata dvd-R and +R,
FUJIFILM dvd-/+R
Verbatim

I can open on e Fuji dvd , and another with same predicat I cant open…just says : cd-rom
i tried at another computer and they all work fine.no mechanical damage to dvd’s

[QUOTE=dannyghost;2483540]well, thats the odd part.

I use Traxdata dvd-R and +R,
FUJIFILM dvd-/+R
Verbatim

I can open on e Fuji dvd , and another with same predicat I cant open…just says : cd-rom
i tried at another computer and they all work fine.no mechanical damage to dvd’s[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. could be that your drive is just having problems reading them if they’re read properly on another PC (although I’m surprised, as LiteOn drives, which you have, are usually OK readers).

Can you list any other burning (or virtual drive/emulation software) that you have installed on your PC?

Also, it might be worth running the Nero Clean Tool to remove every last trace of Nero (I don’t have a link handy at the moment, but Google should find it for you).

The PC that the discs are read successfully on - does that have Nero installed?

i tried with nero clean tool, still the same.
i didnt check if other pc has nero…

beside nero i dont have any other burning software installed, and later removed.

I had made with daemon tools one virtual drive for a game, but later remioved game, but virtual dive is still there, should i trx to remove it?

i found old version of nero ,7 premium and install it on computer, few dvd’s start to work, but my luck was a short one…rest of vd’s still doesnt work.