ATAPI DVDA DH16A1P - Burning Issues Lately

vbimport

hi all, i’m new here. i hope someone is able to help me cause I’m low on harddrive space and I need to backup some stuff i have on it like movies. If I can’t get more room on the HD soon I might have to buy myself one of those big capacity external harddrives. planning on going in a few days. got a gift card i can use. ok on with the problem at hand.

here’s the specs of my computer:

Gateway FX530QS Desktop
Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
500GB HD
16x Double-Layer Multi Format DVD Writer DVD±/R±RW/CD-R/RW - ATAPI DVDA DH16A1P
DVD Software I use - ConvertXtoDVD3, DVDFabPlatium 4, CopytoDVD, 1 Click DVD Copy PRO, 1 Click DVD Copy 5
DVD Blanks I’m Using:

FUJIFILM DVD+R 4x 4.7 GB 120 Min
Memorex DVD+R DL 8x 8.5 GB 240 Min (I know I know that this brand’s got a bad rep but I just that found out and I just got a big 50 pack from Amazon - unopened tho, should I try returning 'em?)

i tried burning various movies lately from mostly avi’s and i used mostly ConvertXtoDVD3 and now I can’t burn anymore without getting error messages and I’ve been using those blanks I mentioned above mostly the Memorex ones. Most burned some coasters no big problems until now. I just got a dirty burner message earlier so i used my Maxell CD-ROM Lens Cleaner and it got rid of that message now i get this message in ConvertXtoDVD3:

“Failed to set layer change to LBA 52000 (1000 Mb) code 00 00 00 [No sense information]”

it then said write failed but disc still usable. it was a movie from a avi source. at 130 min. and yes i own the original disc. my disc is scratched and i had to make a backup but i didnt know much about making dvd backups so i made a avi file. that was on my old computer. anyway i used the Memorex disc. i called Gateway last week but they weren’t much help so now i come to you guys. please help someone and if you are able to help i’ll be forever in your debt :bow:

Don’t use memorex for DL. Only use verbatim DL dvd’s.

is there a big difference in quality? i mean i’m stuck with this bunch of memorex discs now. not that that’s anyone’s problem but mine. But i mean i used to be able to use these memorex discs until now so i don’t understand. there’s gotta be something wrong with my drive? know where i can get firmware update for this drive? i checked and i couldnt find. finally you wouldn’t happen to know if amazon would be willing to accept a unopened 50 batch of Memorex DVD-R DL’s back? i just got them in the mail. please let me know and thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

can anyone point me to/or post a *.bin of the RX12 firmware for the ATAPI DVDA DH16A1P as my backup is corrupted and need to rescue drive frombad crossflash tia

[QUOTE=wilf1966;2029623]can anyone point me to/or post a *.bin of the RX12 firmware for the ATAPI DVDA DH16A1P as my backup is corrupted and need to rescue drive frombad crossflash tia[/QUOTE

You should start your own thread, not threadjack someone elses for a completely different issue.

hey genius, this is my own thread as far as i know…:a

Sorry, didn’t realize you were also posting as wilf1966.