ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P [CD-ROM drive]

Hope I’m posting this in the correct forum . I have the ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P [CD-ROM drive] And have no idea which dvd media i should buy . + or - . Appreciate nay help .

[QUOTE=Drs Orders;1943555]Hope I’m posting this in the correct forum . I have the ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P [[B]CD-ROM drive[/B]] And have no idea which dvd media i should buy . + or - . Appreciate nay help .
[/QUOTE]

this is no cd-rom drive, why does it say “DVD”?!?!?! :iagree:

Sorry , My mistake . it is a dvd drive , i believe it is also a dual layer .

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Verbatim 16x DVD+R is what I’d recommend - also Verbatim +R DL for dual layer. :wink:

Thanks for the welcome and reply [B][B]Arachne[/B] . I bought the + as the guy in the store said you get less erors with the + . I now find out that the plus won’t play on some of the older dvd players .
[/B]

You don’t say what software you’re using, but have a poke around and see if you can set the booktype to DVD-ROM - that may help. :slight_smile:

Or you could try HP or Sony DVD-R (which are the only -Rs I use) - that eliminates the need for booktyping altogether and maybe more compatible with picky/older players. :slight_smile:

PS: found out that i have a duel layer burner. Is there that much of a difference ? we’re talking $5.00 a disk virus $.38 a disk . Also what is the difference between plus and minus ?
Thanks .

Sorry , using Clone DVD 2 with Any DVD . Will give it a try .
Thanks .

[QUOTE=Drs Orders;1945040]PS: found out that i have a duel layer burner. Is there that much of a difference ? we’re talking $5.00 a disk virus $.38 a disk . Also what is the difference between plus and minus ?
Thanks .[/QUOTE]

DL aka DualLayer (DVD-R DL) or DoubleLayer (DVD+R DL) just stores up to 8gb of data on two layers instead of 4.5gb on 1 layer which would be SL (SingleLayer == DVD5).

Thanks chef .