ATAPI DVD W 16W1P driver?

I was told my ATAPI DVD W 16W1P burner might have been produced by liteon. My current driver is from 2001. I’ve been having some trouble burning a DVD and wanted to see if I can update the driver. Any ideas as to where to go, or if there is a newer driver out there?

Hi,[QUOTE=stooper;1959400]I was told my ATAPI DVD W 16W1P burner might have been produced by liteon.[/quote]If you like to know, what retail drive is the equivalent to yours, you might do search in this forum. Should help.

My current driver is from 2001. I’ve been having some trouble burning a DVD and wanted to see if I can update the driver. Any ideas as to where to go, or if there is a newer driver out there?
This is the standard driver used by XP for read access.
Perhaps you need newer firmware (that is basically a list of supported discs and methods how to handle them). If your drive came with your computer, start with checking the support website of your computer’s manufacturer if there is newer firmware available. Otherwise you might have to convert your drive to a retail version (voiding your warranty) and then get newer firmware from Liteonit.com

Also, try other discs. Verbatim is highly recommended.

Michael