Atapi dvd a dh16aal

vbimport

:sad:I bought a new HP recently.
I noticed my Taiyo Yuden cdrs some had skips, there was one where it was blank for 4 secconds with a song, :eek:, never had a problme with my old Sony

Should i somehow get the seal off without breaking it, to void the warrany and put a new drive

What speed are you burning the discs at?

For audio I usually use 16x - although my own LiteOn isn’t the best CDR burner either 16x usually is good enough :slight_smile:

Thanks Arachne :slight_smile: I used 16x speed also, the lowest speed i can.

I do have a very old external Kodak burner, max burn speed is 4x, not sure if it works even lol wasps made a nest in the fan vent :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, since you’re using the best discs already, and burning at 16x, the last resort before voiding your warranty (or maybe getting a new external drive?), would be to try different software to see if that makes the difference. :slight_smile:

You don’t say what software you’re currently using, but for burning audio CDs from music files, Burrrn might be worth a quick go. :slight_smile:

ROTFL @ the wasps’ nest…that’s a new one on me :bigsmile:

http://www.jpldisplays.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=269

where i buy my Taiyos, says up to 54X speed, so cant be them :slight_smile:
Using a hot Nero9 lolz to burn atm. DVDs no problems with the burner.
I wrote to dee ages ago, dee sugguested a sony burner, if all fails will go for that :slight_smile: who cares about the warranty lolz i will just take care removing the labels :smiley:

Thanks will try Burn ago :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
Other considerations are background PC activities, plus HDD fragmented.
For the defrag part try iobits SmartDefrag (free version).
http://iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.html
As for programs running in the background.
Windows Task Manager might help.

Edit: In reponse to your last post Sony is mainly Lite-On rebadges.
What you already have is a Lite-On rebadge.

Thanks Zebadee
Its a new pc, so maybe doesnt need defrag but i can check task mangager to see, what is wrong, onh i dindt know that LiteOn are like Sony also

Arachnne :slight_smile:
Burnn software came with some errors :stuck_out_tongue:
ERROR: Cannot set write parameters mode page.
Turning BURN-Proof on
Turning BURN-Proof on
ERROR: Cannot set write parameters mode page.
ERROR: Cannot setup write parameters for session-at-once mode.
ERROR: Please try to use the ‘generic-mmc-raw’ driver.
ERROR: Writing failed.

You might be right about the defrag, but it is free.
So you have nothing to lose.
Also IObit do a program called AdvancedSystemCarePersonal (free).
This can sometimes help cleaning up/repairing links etc.
Take a look.
http://iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

Hi :slight_smile: thanks, yes may was well, running wins visita also :stuck_out_tongue: grrr have a free win7 upgread :smiley: wasted another Taiyo grrr … at PC or burner

There is one thing that might be worth checking: Your drives’ DMA status (if applicable, depends how your PC has been set up).

Check the link in my signature on how to check/enable DMA and follow the instructions for your OS. :slight_smile:

^Thank you. I will follow the link.
My brother said it coould be my cd players ( coz they are vintage - 80s) but cant be it, coz the source files didnt skip.
lolz, i am reviving the old pc with Sony burner. I got it a new monitor and thermal grease for the processor.