At least best media in Egypt?

Hello

i recently bought SONY DVD RW DRU-835A lightscribe

I bought some blanks DVD’s media and burnt them with nero

when i found that site , my view 2 DVD world has been changed , I’ll go
mad :bow: if i didn’t find media pass 90 % in disc quality

here’s what i get with DVD i bought till now

1st is Rico DVD-R 8x 2 EP = 0.37$

2nd Sony DVD+R 16X 2.5 EP -taiwan- "when i bought it i think it’s real sony i bought ten of them :sad: .nero detect it as verbatim :slight_smile:

3d Princo 4x 2 EP I think it’s not fake media but low quality

I’ll use these dvd’s for backup data only , shoud I burn them again in new media , scandisk show no error and i copy all data to HD , copied fine !!!

Btw what about the driver "Sony " it’s made in indonesia ?

in the market also there;s

<table align=“left” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“0” width=“480”><tbody><tr><td valign=“top”>
</td> </tr> <tr align=“left”> <td>
</td> <td valign=“top”><table class=“unnamed1” align=“left” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“0” height=“262” width=“456”> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#ff9933"> <td>DVD Blank</td> <td>
</td> <td>User Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD-R Giga Max Movi Case </td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr” width=“65”>4.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD-R Giga Max Kik Box 10 DVD</td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>15.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD-R LG Kik Box 10 DVD</td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>16.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD-R Giga Max Kik Box 25 DVD</td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>36.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD-R LG Kik Box 25 DVD</td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>40.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD-R Imation Light Scribe </td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>6.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD R Imation Kik Box 25 DVD</td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>42.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD-R LG Box 10 DVD</td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>30.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD-R Samsung Box 10 DVD</td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>32.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD R+ Imation Double Layer (1 PCS)</td> <td width=“26”>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>15.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD R/W Imation mini 1.4 GB</td> <td>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>10.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD R/W Imation Box 10 DVD</td> <td>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>55.00</td> </tr> <tr> <td dir=“ltr” align=“left” bgcolor="#336699" width=“371”>DVD R/W Samsung Box 10 DVD</td> <td>
</td> <td dir=“ltr”>65.00</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Regards

Benque 16X
so what do u suggest 2 buy this time , plz post their qulaity test result before i buy .

Welcome to cdfreaks :flower:

You should know that your Sony 835A is Samsung 183L rebadged and it isnot a good scanner .
That means you should not take the scans you made seriously .

From all the media brands you are using , I can only recommend Sony DVD+R 16X , but I am very confused that they are using MCC004 code , are you sure they are Made In Taiwan ? Can you take a picture of thepackage or the discs and tell us about the “numbers and letters” printed in the center hub of the disc ?

sorry I don’t understad

that your Sony 835A is Samsung 183L rebadged and it isnot a good scanner
more details plz ?

here;s the screeen shot blow is it real sony ? if not send pic of real one plz ?

i don’t have the complete package , as i bought half of it 10 dvd’s but i was sure it was made in taiwan

on the rinf there’s

DVD+R ver.1.1/1X-x16X
Sony corperation

BTW i travel to cairo on Tuesday “city stars mall” do u suggest any store and media and its price ?

Regards

I am sure they are fake :bigsmile:

No genuine Sony media would look like that and with Verbatim MCC004 code , I have used about 100 Sony Made In Japan media and it was totally different , and the fake ones I saw that looked like yours were DVD-R with fake TYG02 media code and they were Made In China .
Where are you from ? City Stars Mall is not a good place to get your media , crap media at high prices .
I suggest Bab El Looq from El Tahrir square , ask for Panasonic Made In Japan 16X DVD-R media or Samsung Pleomax 16X DVD+R (they are cheap but excellent quality)

The Sony writer you just got is actually Samsung and you can not scan with that model because it is not accurate , it will show high amounts of errors , for scanning you should have bought Benq 18X/20X or LiteOn 20X

E-mail me and I will reply to you in Arabic because I am sure it is difficult to understand all these technical stuff :slight_smile:

I’m from Mansoura , i’ll travel now 2 cairo , hope i’ll find what u told me

Thanx A lot

i mailed u check ur e-mail

unfortunately i didn’t go 2 El Tahrir square i was @ramses area

only DVD avaliable in mansoura
LG DVD-R 16x korea 2.5 GP
plemox samsung DVD-R 16x taiwan 3GP
Benque DVD-R 16x 2 GP

BTW I have test the old sony media i bought be4 @ Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD-7530B
and result was strange :eek: image @attachment

Also o tried new media called Melody lightscrib and RW (taiwan) here’s result at my driver

what’s about that media

Thanx

BULLSHIT
The fact that the Samsung drives report more errors as the lite ON drives do not make them a inferior scanner.
Don’t talk about accurate in your context.

See this
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/precision-accuracy-reliability-disc-quality-pi-po-jitter-tests-163379/

The samsung should be a ok scanner. Consistency is good which is all what makes a good home disc scanner, because we can only test for consistency.
The error levels that are reported by the samsung are higher as most new lite on’s, however it are the errors as a drives reports them which was the reason why we can not say anything about accuracy !
How these results compare to the other drives and how this shown back to the playback is a question.
I can say that newer Lite On’s are to good readers which causes them to make disc’s look to good.

And yes those sony’s are fake.

I don’t think that drive has anything wrong with it either. It should be fine for testing discs.

Samsungs are pretty consistent as Dakhaas also pointed out. I would naturally expect fake MCC004 and fake TYG02 to scan exactly like that. Princo is also shit so all the scans seem perfectly normal and would scan relatively similar in another drive.

I’d recommend using the samsung pleomax discs as they are reported to work quite well.

What I meant by “accurate” was : When you scan with 3 different burners capable of scanning and one considered as not reliable scanner and you find the results from the 3 “reliable” scanners differs greatly from the 1 “unreliable” scanner , it would be a bad idea to continue scanning with that 1 burner unless you want to compare MIDs you use .

In my case , I’ve made a burn with Panasonic TYG03 (escellent media) disc with Samsung 182D and scanned with it and scan was horrible but reads fine and TRTd fine. I scanned the same disc with : LiteOn 20A1P , Benq 1640 (8 ECC @8X and 1 ECC@4X) and Samsung 203B and ALL 3 burners showed excellent scans that were almost “identical” :slight_smile:

As a side note : Maybe that Samsung 182D sees more errors “only” when scanning but not in actual reading , while the next same model drive is “good” when scanning .

Also , I don’t think that LiteOns are better than Samsung in scanning (speaking about my 20A1P VS 203B) , proof :

The majority is not allways right. But I do understand much better your post.
Keep in mind that the 203B is a better reader as the 182D.A much better reader !

In my case , I’ve made a burn with Panasonic TYG03 (escellent media) disc with Samsung 182D and scanned with it and scan was horrible but reads fine and TRTd fine. I scanned the same disc with : LiteOn 20A1P , Benq 1640 (8 ECC @8X and 1 ECC@4X) and Samsung 203B and ALL 3 burners showed excellent scans that were almost “identical” :slight_smile:

As a side note : Maybe that Samsung 182D sees more errors “only” when scanning but not in actual reading , while the next same model drive is “good” when scanning .

Could be multiple things that cause this behaviour.
We do not have the low level data when scanning unlike those profesional to expensive analyzers.

I just emailed snaak telling him to use OPTODISC R16/R016 under Samsung Pleomax brand as they scan very well (better than most TY/MCC in fact!) and told him to do another scan .

I tested some fake TY/MCC004 media as snaak did (same Sony media actually)but the scans I got with Benq 1640 (back then) were far far better than the “colorful” scans he posted :slight_smile:

I’ve used my 203B as a scanner along with a friend’s 182D and 182M and while 203B/182M shows excellent scans (accurate in my book:p) the 182D showed the same “colorful” scans with yellows and reds but still all three of the Sammys read just fine and TRTd withought slowdowns

The bottom line is : Not all Samsungs are good scannes (while still excellent readers) , so If in doubt , try another “certified” scanner :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=dakhaas;1951523]BULLSHIT
The fact that the Samsung drives report more errors as the lite ON drives do not make them a inferior scanner.
Don’t talk about accurate in your context.

See this
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f96/precision-accuracy-reliability-disc-quality-pi-po-jitter-tests-163379/

The samsung should be a ok scanner. Consistency is good which is all what makes a good home disc scanner, because we can only test for consistency.
The error levels that are reported by the samsung are higher as most new lite on’s, however it are the errors as a drives reports them which was the reason why we can not say anything about accuracy !
How these results compare to the other drives and how this shown back to the playback is a question.
I can say that newer Lite On’s are to good readers which causes them to make disc’s look to good.
[/QUOTE]
If you look through the 203B thread you’ll see some that scan close to “reliable” scanners, some that scan with alot more errors, and some that scan with less errors. Basically without comparing scans from a Samsung with a “reliable” scanner you have no idea how the error reporting compares to other drives. All my LiteOns and BTC give fairly similiar results(with the exception of jitter) at 4x scanning. My 203B seems to give results similiar to other scanners only when scanning at 18x, while my 182D is closest to other scanners at 4x(with 12x second).

Now I’m not saying any scanner is right just that two 203B drives can give results on totally opposite ends of the scanning spectrum.

Personally I think my 182D doesn’t lose anything to my 203B as a reader, infact despite a lower speed maximum I think it tends to be faster.