ASUS P5E-VM HDMI doesn't work with DVIco FusionHDTV7 Dual Express PCIe

vbimport

I purchased an ASUS P5E-VM HDMI motherboard, an Intel E8400 Dual Core chip, and a DVIco FusionHDTV7 Dual Express PCIe dual tuner card. I have tried everything to get this combination to work. After a number of emails and suggestions, the technical support at DVIco has suggested that I return the card and get my money back (unfortunately, 20% restocking fee). I am hoping someone can help me get the tuner card to see the signal feed. At this point, the tuner software is reporting that there is no signal (no channels available after a full auto scan). I tried to hook the system to an HDTV antenna for over-the-air signals and I also tried hooking the system to my Cox cable. No signal found with either connection.

I tried the following operating systems (with a low-level format between each installation):

• MythTV (Linux)
  • Windows XP SP2
  • Windows XP SP3
  • Vista Home Premium SP1

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. I really want this system to work. I purchased each component because each component was highly rated. They don’t seem to play well together, though.

Thanks for any assistance.

Asus mobos always have such problems…
I would contact ASUS directly so they come up with a solution.

I’ll give them a call.