Hello to all!
I’m starting this new thread because, as I think you’ll understand, the problem I’m about to report is quite unique and different from all those that I’ve searched for (in fact, I register for this forum as a result of a response on another one, telling me this could be the ultimate place to get real help and guidance for cd and dvd problems, choices and so on).
The problem is this:
- About one month ago I realized that I had a virus (detected through MSSE) so I had to reformat and reinstall all what I needed in my work ASUS N53JQ laptop;
- Last week I went to burn an audio CD, all the process wen t well through the end, no error messages, no glitches, nothing at all! Problem is:
- when I reinserted the CD it showed as blank CD, with the full capacity showing up in windows explorer!
- try it again - same result;
- tried to burn a data CD - same result;
- tried to burn a movie into a DVD - I achieve this, the movie is there and working;
- tried with another cd the first operation (creating an audio CD) and I went back to my problem…
To summarize this, I shall say that I went through this process over and over, trying to create an audio CD, a data DVD, a data CD, and ultimately trying to burn again a movie - and I never again achieved to do it successfully!
The drive appears correctly on Windows Device Manager, appears in Windows Explorer, I can read CD’s and DVD’s - just can’t burn them!
I have this ASUS N53JQ for work, with 12 GB RAM, i7 Processor, Windows 7 Entreprise 64 Bits installed… I used in my attempts to burn CD’s and DVD’s both the InfraRecorder app, ImgBurn and even the Windows built-in recording app.
I don’t know what the problem could be, I find this really strange.
Last but not least, a co-worker with the exact model as mine, same specs and all just change is drive with mine and now we both deal with the same problem: no one can burn CD’s nor DVD’s.
I’m bumping my head against a wall right now
My colleague tells me that it could be drivers issue but Windows troubleshooter shows that there is no problem with the driver and I can’t find an updated driver as well (the difference being that my colleague just doesn’t care about burning CD’s or DVD’s so it’s not a real problem for him)
Thanks for all the attention that you can give to this, I’ll appreciate that
UPDATE: Forgot to mention that I tried all these with different cd and dvd media. I was using Sony CD-R and Sony DVD-R and I changed to Verbatim CD-R and some Memorex DVD With no results, whatsoever