Asus My Cinema-P7131 Capturing Program Recommendations

I have had capture problems - inconsistency with: dropped frames, audio sync, low-end hum, computer crashes - with my Asus My Cinema-P7131 PCI capture card captured via Cyberlink PowerDirector 3.

1. I would like to know of a freeware a/v capture program that will recognize my card and will convert up to MPEG-2, 8M bitrate and 720x480. (I have tried some freeware progs that didn’t “recognize” my card… of course, it might be OE.)

2. I would like to know if there is a/of (a) freeware a/v editing software(s) that will separate the audio stream from the video stream so that I might be able to re-sync the audio and type-sweep EQ the audio as well.

3. I would like to know of a freeware DVD-authoring tool that will allow me some flexibility with structuring how the disc will look. (I have problems with Cyberlink PowerProducer 3… despite the insightful review, that is.)

I apologize for the inquiry, but with a 24k (… on a good day) connection speed it can be annoying to take a lot of time to download some freeware prog at videohelp and come away with nothing.

Dell Dimension 4600
XP Service Pack 2
Pentium 4 2.66Ghz
512 MB RAM
40GB internal HD
250GB external HD
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
ANTEC Smart Power 2.0 350W PSU
Extra Fan