Asus how new is the crw 52x

:slight_smile: Hey guys, I know futureproof in Oz has got one and Maelstrom in Holland has one, but me in the UK cant get one.:frowning:
Has this drive gone worldwide yet?
How new is it? :confused:

dont know how new the drive is
but do now that here in holland you can buy the drive for over a week now.
but sice the price difference is quite small between a 48 and a 52 speed asus many stores here wants to sell there complete stock off 48 speeds before advertising with the 52 speed.

Well yes I can understand that thanks Maelstrom looks were the only guys that bother to reply to post’s?:bigsmile:

CD’s we are talking CD-ROM and CD-RW any speed.
In general, this should now be regarded as OLD technology.
Obviously 50 and 52x writers are new for CD-RW’s and 'YES" to the fact that Suppliers sell older versions (don’t want to loose money) before they put the new ones up for sale.
Your option is to not purchase the older and tell the supplier to notify you when the new ones are available (most likely the new one will come up from under the counter)

Now remember that the CD-RW is limited as to it’s storage capacity - common is 640 Mb some go larger but not above 1Gb.
The DVD-RW newer technology will yield a capacity of 4.7Gb (7+ times that of a CD-RW) Only problem is that they are 6 times the price of a CD-RW.

In Australia (Sydney) I sell the Pioneer DVR-A04 with Veritas or the Ricoh MP5125A with Nero for AU $699.00 (approx US $ 365.00) Prices should drop after X-Mass.
:cool: :bigsmile:

pcbugfixer thanks for the info. I intend to get a dvd rw but not just yet I am told the sony 500 is the one to go for, but new drives are just about to hit the market so am waiting to have more of a choice on similar spec machines :wink:

Regarding the asus x52 it sounds as if it has not been on the market long. suppliers in the UK are very few and far between and retailers will not even pre order one for you.:frowning:

oz sounds more customer friendly

Only one retailer out of about 20 retailers had this in stock the rest did not want to know:eek: :wink:

Some PC users actually don’t use the PC; they have it as a status symbol.
Simply put, they need to have a better PC than anyone else does. To change from a 32x to 48x or 52x I understand, 42x to 52x OK if I just got a 40x12x48x (or better) CD-RW and did a lot of CD copying. From 48x to 52x is a waste of money.
Brand hype, better ask where are they manufactured, and by whom. Sometimes the factory is the same, as is the casing and only the front plate is different and so the name.
A Brand name product :bow: = 30 to 45% of the price for the name and the rest for the hardware itself. (This is my opinion):stuck_out_tongue:
The model DVD-RW = HP at approx AU$1200.00. Front plate is different I must agree as is the Firmware which reflects the product name

Have fun:)

:smiley: I totaly agree with you pcbugfixer .
I am going from plexx24 up to a asusx52 but i am still keeping the plex;)

when you shop on line asking questions is easy getting the answer not so easy, long wait periods for tel and email answers:(

BENE DICTUM is he that sex crazed monk:eek:

c ya;)

“BENE DICTUM, BENEDICTE !”

“If any pilgrim monk comes from distant parts, if with wish to dwell in the monastery, and will be content with the custom which he finds in the place, does not perchance by his lavishness disturb the monastery, but is simply content with what he finds, he shall be received for as long a time as he desires.
If, indeed he finds fault with anything, or exposes it reasonably, and with humility of charity, the abbot shall discuss it prudently, less perchance God had sent him for this very thing.
But, if he have been found gossipy and contumacious in the time of his sojourn, as guest, not only ought he not be joined to the body of the monastery, but also it shall be said to him, honestly, that he must depart.
If he does not go, let two stout monks in the name of God explain the matter to him.”

“is he that sex crazed monk” Don’t think so.
:bigsmile: :cool:

pcbugfixer
:cool: I am now enlightend sounds very similar to our labour party in the UK:)

got to go and put the heating on its freezing hear
cya;)

in most cases it’s a waste off money, but not with the asus 48 speed writers.
the asus 52 speed offers a lot better writing quality and cdr media compatibility.
so if you have an asus 48 speed its worth a tought to buy an asus 52 speed or swap your old 48 speed.

Maelstrom,
I don’t understand, are you saying that if you have a 48x you would go and buy a 52x (don’t think so)
:slight_smile:
Then again, if you look at the spec sheet 48x -V- 52x and I could buy the 48x for $30.00 less, :bigsmile:

Can you explain “a lot better writing quality” 48x-V-52x please
:confused: Thanks

Originally posted by pcbugfixer
[B]Maelstrom,
I don’t understand, are you saying that if you have a 48x you would go and buy a 52x (don’t think so)
:slight_smile:
Then again, if you look at the spec sheet 48x -V- 52x and I could buy the 48x for $30.00 less, :bigsmile:

Can you explain “a lot better writing quality” 48x-V-52x please
:confused: Thanks [/B]

c1 and c2 errors i believe he is refering to.
He is correct about better writting quality too.

Originally posted by Huzzy
c1 and c2 errors i believe he is refering to.
He is correct about better writting quality too.

“He is correct about better writing quality too.”
OK, I’ll bite - How do you on your or his PC, determine this?
:confused: unless you have a CD disk tester, or believe in all the marketing hype (otherwise known as Propaganda Bull):Z

Why such little faith?
Have a look in the Liteon Forum for the WSES utility.
It was leaked from liteon tech division according to rumour.

Also, Nero CD speed will test quality to a certain degree.

agree with huzzy

C1 and C2 error ratio is lower with the 52 speed writer

maybe not buying the 52 speed, but if you recently bought a 48 speed it’s certainly worth the effort to try to swap it for an 52 speed model.

if u dont believe me read some reviews on the internet, they all come the the same conclusion. the asus 52 speed is better as the 48 speed model.

Only deal in facts and physical evidence, not marketing write-ups. I just don’t believe in them from practical experience.
Then again, I believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Clause.
:eek: :bigsmile:

futureproof has posted that he has the x40 and the x52 but just would not endorse the x48 :wink:
I myself have now just taken delivery of my x52 cant wait to use it:D
Looks like a nice bit of kit:p

I think info from the experienced personal users always help in a decision to buy.:bow:

:frowning: I wish there woz a spell checker far teeeese pages:bigsmile:

i had the 48 speed for 1 week
swapped it for the 52 speed model, absolutely love the 52 speed model.
so i had both models. think that i can make quite a good conclusion.
if you dont believe futureproof and me thats your problem, i don’t care.

This was the original question

asus how new is the crw 52x
Hey guys, I know futureproof in Oz has got one and Maelstrom in Holland has one, but me in the UK cant get one.
Has this drive gone worldwide yet?
How new is it?

:eek: I think we have left the subject:rolleyes:
And there is no need for anybody to get upset:o

I now have this great new drive many thanks guys:bow:

im not upset :smiley:

but why ask an question if you don’t believe the answerers you get?

ed06 -> enjoy your new drive, it’s a great one