ASUS HD DVD-ROM HR-0205T Review

vbimport

I just posted the article ASUS HD DVD-ROM HR-0205T Review.

The ASUS HR-0205T is an HD DVD-ROM and CD/DVD reader with speedy access and silent operation.

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/14370-ASUS-HD-DVD-ROM-HR-0205T-Review/](http://www.cdfreaks.com/review/14370-ASUS-HD-DVD-ROM-HR-0205T-Review/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Why bother with this drive at all,HD DVD is now dead in the water as blueray has now won the format war. :frowning:

Because it may be about time to get one for those who bought some HD-DVDs and want to make sure they will play at all times on an HTPC

If you want an HD-DVD reader, get the xbox 360 add-on drive from bestbuy.com or amazon.com. $50.

HD-DVD is dead!!! No point trying to resusitate because there’s no life left in the old dog.

Who cares. Try to find a 360 add-on or a Toshiba player in here. They are all sold out because people decided they needed one. On HD-DVD you can find lots of movies for less and they use the same or better codecs than blue rays. Now if you can get the same movie experience for less why on earth would you buy some bd DRM infested crap for $500+ ? I hope some independent studios or Bollywood will chip in and buy all the HD patents and then make decent movies ppl will want to watch at DVD prices. We will see then who won what.

@FidelC…people who bought HD-DVD`s would have a drive already,dont you think?or else why buy them,just to sit on the shelf…noooooo dont think so.i think you are sounding off a bit upset because you have one and are now gutted that they are no longer being supported,oh well you can always put your coffee mug on them. :B

These would make sense to buy only if they made HD-DVD burners and these players could playback our hi-def recordings, DVR or data backup (not to mention Divx HD). [Ad edited out] It would be nice to have a HD-DVD recorder with a buit-in ATSC tuner that could record our favorite shows and transfer them to HD-DVD-R media. Also the ability to digitally capture hi-def camcorder recordings, tranfer them to a built-in hard drive, edit, create menus and finally burn it to HD-DVD-R media.
This message was edited at: 11-03-2008 01:53

Yes HD DVD is dead but you must realize we get review drives a month or so before it is posted so we had been working on this drive review before HD DVD was officially dead. For what it’s worth if you can pick up one of these cheap and have a need for it in a HTPC you won’t find a more silent drive

the only reason I’m rooting (still) for HD DVD is it’s an amazing display of modern tech and it was brought to consumer for much less then the competing camp. All things equal, I would have bought an HDdvd rom first and start renting movies waiting for the burners to come along. Now it is pointless as no rental will carry hd-dvd. I will sit back and wait for the most sinister of two evils to drop (dead) or in price. :B

Details of a controversial plan to make money from music piracy are beginning to emerge. Spearheaded by Warner Music Group, the plan aims to get internet service providers to pay a few dollars per user per month into a fund that would then be divided among rights holders. The scheme would essentially give P2P users a get-out-of-jail-free card for file sharing activity. It has been learned by industry consultant Jim Griffin, hired by Warner to implement the idea, has already set up an independent company to act as a digital-rights clearinghouse. Griffin’s company would be like an ASCAP for the internet, collecting fees from ISPs and divvying them up among rights holders. In addition, BigChampagne, a company that measures digital-media consumption, would be one of the major sources supplying the necessary data to track file sharing activity. ?The hoped-for result: a truce in the music wars. ? “The music industry has no choice,” says Bob Kohn, a music-licensing expert and CEO of RoyaltyShare, which manages digital revenues for both majors and indies. “It’s significantly weaker than it was in 2000. And the longer this drags on, the more difficult it will be to succeed.” In the last 10 years, sales of CDs have plummeted as digital downloads have exploded, and the U.S. music business has shrunk from about $15 billion to $10 billion. The idea of charging a flat fee for ‘all-you-can-eat’ downloads is beginning to take off. Posted by webs at 12:21 PM see my blog for more information; www.yuwie.com/webs