Asus drw-24f1st

vbimport

Can you please tell me the difference between the samsung and asus firmware? Last week SH-224DB was on sale, this week it’s DRW-24F1ST. Which drive is better? Thanks in advance.

[QUOTE=dotxzer0;2728213]Can you please tell me the difference between the samsung and asus firmware? Last week SH-224DB was on sale, this week it’s DRW-24F1ST. Which drive is better? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I need this information, too, pls…The best firmware…

Hi new to the forum. Just wanted to point out some variation in the types of 24f1st. I just got a drive in from new egg. It is an asus 24f1st -49. The manufacture date is april 2014. It does not look like the case pictured on the new egg site. That seems to be the Samsung style case. My drive seems to be a liteon style case. Just a heads up for people who like to know what you are ordering. It may not be that easy. I won’t be installing soon so I can’t offer more info.

Interesting info. Will be waiting for more info and maybe photos!

I will try to get some pictures up,(inept), but my case looks just like the case for the 24b3st on the newegg site. I was under the impression that this was a liteon model. The current picture on new eggs site for 24f1st does not look like± mine it looks like the samsung model.

[B]hasty[/B], if you will try to make firmware dump from your drive and upload it somewhere, we’ll tell you exact LiteOn model you have. :wink:

Try DosFlash V2.0 for this purpose.

Hi. How do I modify my asus drw-24f1st a to burn XGD3 games? I read that you even changed your. Please can you help me?

[QUOTE=diegofcaixeta;2731080]Hi. How do I modify my asus drw-24f1st a to burn XGD3 games? I read that you even changed your. Please can you help me?[/QUOTE]

[B]You don’t[/B], there are no such patched firmwares for any other drives than the old iHASx24 B series.

Try using the payload tool instead: http://www.ixtreme.net/ixtreme-lt-lite-touch-download/33961-c4e�s-burnermax-payload-tool-v0-15-a.html

If it doesn’t work, then you’ll have to get a drive which works with this tool. See the compatibility list provided there: http://www.ixtreme.net/360-backups/34156-burnermax-payload-tool-compatibility-list.html

If you read through this thread here are some reports in there saying that SH-224BB/DB drives either don’t work or don’t work very well for this purpose, so you might well have to buy another more compatible drive …

[QUOTE=cvs;2731099][B]You don’t[/B], there are no such patched firmwares for any other drives than the old iHASx24 B series.

Try using the payload tool instead: http://www.ixtreme.net/ixtreme-lt-lite-touch-download/33961-c4e�s-burnermax-payload-tool-v0-15-a.html

If it doesn’t work, then you’ll have to get a drive which works with this tool. See the compatibility list provided there: http://www.ixtreme.net/360-backups/34156-burnermax-payload-tool-compatibility-list.html

If you read through this thread here are some reports in there saying that SH-224BB/DB drives either don’t work or don’t work very well for this purpose, so you might well have to buy another more compatible drive …[/QUOTE]

I just burn a XGD3 game and there were no errors during recording. On the burnermax normally. Past in abgx360 and no errors, but when I play, the message “clean the disc, etc…” Ritek Ridata am using media-s04-66 id.

[QUOTE=diegofcaixeta;2731103]I just burn a XGD3 game and there were no errors during recording. On the burnermax normally. Past in abgx360 and no errors, but when I play, the message “clean the disc, etc…” Ritek Ridata am using media-s04-66 id.[/QUOTE]

To quote from the thread I referred to earlier:

"Results may vary depending on hardware and disc brand.

Verbatim DVD+R DL (Singapore Manufactured) Blank Discs are recommended for best results."

Ritek/RiData is poor quality media. No drive is going to give you particularly good results with that media, even under normal circumstances, let alone in an overburning situation!

Please can anybody get me step-by-step instruction how to crossflash ASUS DRW-24F1ST a to Samsung 224DB ? I can’t change book type with stock firmware to write dvd-rom type disk. Thanks.

I did this and the device stopped working at all … I doubt it is even possible to crossflash to anything else …

[QUOTE=nofy;2737705]I did this and the device stopped working at all … I doubt it is even possible to crossflash to anything else …[/QUOTE]

i downloaded the firmware from internet but it was some .exe file and i unrar it in a folder and inside was the .bin file 224BD.bin

Yeah, I honestly do not think there is a way to force any of these recent Samsung drives to crossflash, unfortunately. Manufacturers seem to have really locked things down. :frowning:

Thanks Albert ! :slight_smile:

I purchased an Asus DRW-24F1ST today. It has a manufacturing date of September 2015. According to the nero info tool, it says that it is a “DRW-24F1ST c” and has a 500k cache.

This doesn’t appear to be a Samsung rebadge at all. It feels lighter in weight than my other Samsung drives, and the housing looks more like a LiteOn.

I also recently also purchased a LiteOn “iHAS124 FU” drive, which appears to be almost identical to this Asus “DRW-24F1ST c”.

I played a few defective movie dvd discs on these two drives, which had prior known behaviors on LiteOn and Samsung drives I’ve used before. It turns out for these particular defective dvd discs, the reading behaviors are consistent with a LiteOn. (ie. They don’t behave at all like a Samsung drive). Even the sound of the motor of these two drives at the max speed, are identical to LiteOn drives I’ve used in the past. (They don’t sound at all like a Samsung).

Could you please dump the firmware from your drive and upload it somewhere e.g. Zippyshare? After looking at your dump we can say which exact drive is it. Where have you got this version? Is it have an ASUS logo on the front bezel? Could you please make a photo of the drive (at least the drive bezel)?

If this drive is a LiteOn, you can use Flash Utility 7.2.0 to dump the firmware.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=blackened2687;2767660]Could you please dump the firmware from your drive and upload it somewhere e.g. Zippyshare? After looking at your dump we can say which exact drive is it. Where have you got this version? Is it have an ASUS logo on the front bezel? Could you please make a photo of the drive (at least the drive bezel)?

If this drive is a LiteOn, you can use Flash Utility 7.2.0 to dump the firmware.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I’ll see what I can do. I haven’t tried dumping firmware yet.

(For the questions I can answer immediately).

The front plate doesn’t have “ASUS” written anywhere. Asus is only written on the sticker on the bottom of the drive.

I purchased this drive at a local computer store, where they had over 20 in stock on the shelves. I did notice some had a manufacturing date of August 2015, and some had a date of September 2015.

Hmmm … Flash Utility 7.2.0 doesn’t seem to recognize this drive.

(The read flash button is blanked out, but the write flash button is normal looking).

This is the info that shows up in flash utility.

Flash ID C2 13 00 46 B*

Flash Type MXIC(MX25L8005) - (1-180)