[ASUS DRW-24D3ST] Figuring out if my drive is fully dead

vbimport

I use my burner externally using a SATA to USB cable. The drive was working properly without issues until I detached the cables in order to connect a HDD to copy something. When I connected the burner back, I noticed that even though it powered up, the door did not allow me to eject. So, I disconnected and reconnected the cables and it worked like it supposed to allowing me to insert a disc. Though, the PC would not load any of the discs anymore. It just detects and shows the drive. I have been inserting old cds into the drive lately after washing them with water and drying them. So, I am guessing this is what happened.

1. The drive just went bad.
  2. The lens got affected by the original malconnection of the cables.
  3. Somehow the lens or connectors got dirt.

Right now I have used compressed air to dust the power/data connectors to the back of the drive and waiting for it to fully dry. I will try getting one of those lens cleaning solutions that actually work (I had bad luck with the ones that do not work), then open the drive and clean the lens.

Do you anything else I should try? Thanks.

You checked your power supply for the external drive?

It can be failed and your drive doesn’t have sufficient power to go!

[QUOTE=vdsacchi;2770773]You checked your power supply for the external drive?

It can be failed and your drive doesn’t have sufficient power to go![/QUOTE]

Hello vdsacchi and thanks for the reply. Yes, I checked it out. I tried my old DVD burner and it detected it then loaded the disk and I even used a new power adapter to make sure.