ASUS DRW-24B3ST Firmware

vbimport

Has ASUS released any firmware updates for the DRW-24B3ST? Why the lack of firmware updates from ASUS when LiteOn (the manufacturer) releases firmwares so often?

Is still 1.0 the only firmware released for the DRW-24B3ST by ASUS?

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2781263]Is still 1.0 the only firmware released for the DRW-24B3ST by ASUS?[/QUOTE]

If you are referring at the “DRW-24B3ST i” model (DH24AE clone), the only firmware release for this model is v1.00 which has a 2013/06/19 14:59 internal release date.

As far as I know there are no other DRW-24B3ST firmware releases.

[QUOTE=cvs;2781486]If you are referring at the “DRW-24B3ST i” model (DH24AE clone), the only firmware release for this model is v1.00 which has a 2013/06/19 14:59 internal release date.

As far as I know there are no other DRW-24B3ST firmware releases.[/QUOTE]

I am asking about ASUS DRW-24B3ST (iHAS124 B clone).

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2784794]I am asking about ASUS DRW-24B3ST (iHAS124 B clone).[/QUOTE]

ASUS never released any firmware updates for these drives, so I’m afraid firmware 1.00 is still the one and only version available for this model.

Does the ASUS DRW-24B3ST 1.00 support jitter? Since it is an iHAS124 B clone I think it should, but jitter is not reported in Nero DiscSpeed. Can anyone advice?

There never noticed any problems with jitter parameter in the drive Asus DRW24B1ST.
You have enabled the options show jitter in the Nero Disc Speed?

[ATTACH]335400[/ATTACH]

Jitter options are enabled. I tried Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.16 and Nero DiscSpeed 12.5.6.0 and although there was drive activity no jitter graph was shown during the test and no results were displayed at the end. Could this be a controller or driver issue?

Did you also click on “Advanced” and enable jitter there?

[QUOTE=Albert;2788255]Did you also click on “Advanced” and enable jitter there?[/QUOTE]

It is enabled. But I tried Opti Drive Control and jitter works so it seems to be a problem with Nero. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing it?

In my jitter is even connected Asus DRW24B3ST adapter USB \ SATA.
If you have enabled DVD jitter and the lack of this parameter to test this problem can be controller for SATA or SATA drivers

[ATTACH]335414[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]335415[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]335416[/ATTACH]

As I already wrote all options are enabled. If it was a controller or driver issue it would happen with all drives and not only Asus. But jitter works with a Liteon drive connected to the same controller. And jitter works with Opti Drive Control so it must be a problem with Nero.

Well there’s a regular 4.7.7.16 and codeking’s patched version, my guess is it works only with the patched one…?

[QUOTE=Qyngali;2788278]Well there’s a regular 4.7.7.16 and codeking’s patched version, my guess is it works only with the patched one…?[/QUOTE]

I tried both with same results. Jitter test runs but neither graph nor statistics show.

Strange, since it does work with czary2mary’s drive… the only thing I can think of is to try to unplug the LiteOn temporarily and connect the Asus to that SATA port. It might be you’ve connected them to different controllers?

Tried it on both a JMicron SATA and an Intel SATA AHCI controller with the same results. The Liteon drive works fine on both controllers.

Ok, then I can’t think of anything… good thing it works with ODC. :slight_smile: