Hi folks, great Forum here. Found it with googles hep and must say: respect! Like it here.
My first post is a problem I have with the Asus Drive.
I bought it new and burned a few discs with it:
- 2-3 DVD-Rs
- a few CD-RW (burn and erase)
- a few DVD+R DL (no good media, but the mdia burned well with my Pioneer 109 and burned well with the asus, at least the first three times)!
The first three DVD+R DL burnes straight ahead, no warning at all, but with the fourth one: I get sometimes this warnings:
“Set L0 Data Zone Capacity Failed! - Reason: Power Calibration Area Is Full”
“Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Field in Parameter List”
and so on.
Sometimes it works, sometimes the warning comes up and I retry it until it works. When it tried to do this “setting of L0 Data” I also hear a noise, something like letting fall a very small metal screw on a glas plate.
To be true I don’t know if the noise was there or not!
But I have to say:
- Any other media until now: no problem
- first three DVD+R DL no problem/warning
- up the fourth: warnings, but, when it starts, it burns until the end! No Problems at all during the burning procedure!
I don’t know anymore! I already crossflashed it to a PLextor L890SA! Same!
- Is the drive or laser or both damaged?!?
- Has the drive already started to die?
PS: My Media is RITEK-S04-66, I know, but: I have burned 50 with the old very old pioneer, no prob at all there, not a single one! The first three with asus the same thing! But it started with the fourth DL i tried to burn with the asus!
Hope someone can give me any advice (besides buying verbatims)! I mean when it actually starts burning, it burns the DVD until the end, both layers @ 8x!