ASUS DRW-24B1LT - 24X SATA - Crossflash To Lite-On iHAS424/524 - $23.99 - Free Shipping - NewEgg

vbimport

This is pretty much your best option for getting a MediaTek Lite-On in the states right now. It’s almost impossible to find a genuine Lite-On iHAS424 or iHAS524, so this is the next best thing.

This is a slightly better deal than a Lite-On iHAS124 with a MediaTek chipset, because this has the hardware to support SmartErase and LabelTag or Lightscribe even after the crossflash.

Hey Negritude,
I just received this drive from Newegg. Mine is a DRW-24B1LT/BLK/B/AS. Firmware 1.03. Nice drive. The only problem I am having is that I can not get Jitter to work on it. Using CDspeed 4.7.7.16 se and NeroDiscSpeed-5.0.1.250. Any ideas? I have a Dell 4600 P4 3.2 Ghz. Thanks…

I think you need a special modified version of CDSpeed that C0deKing posted. I forget where it is, but just do a search.

Also, I’m not sure if you can do jitter scanning with the ASUS firmware. It may only work when crossflashed.

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2513017]Hey Negritude,
I just received this drive from Newegg. Mine is a DRW-24B1LT/BLK/B/AS. Firmware 1.03. Nice drive. The only problem I am having is that I can not get Jitter to work on it. Using CDspeed 4.7.7.16 se and NeroDiscSpeed-5.0.1.250. Any ideas? I have a Dell 4600 P4 3.2 Ghz. Thanks…[/QUOTE]
You need the iHAS CDspeed 4.7.7.16 from C0deKing

Ok, Thanks guys got it to work. Did do the crossflash…:iagree: This is a bad batch of T02. Very high PIF.
This disk was not burned with this drive…

I was considering getting one of the Asus 24B1LT drives and was wondering if it is worth it to buy one
and try to cross flash it to a IHAS 424/524 or just buy it and leave it alone as a Asus drive? It has been
so long since I’ve tried to do a cross flash on a ODD that I’ve probably forgotten how to do it. :o

It is worth it to cross flash to a Lite-On for the bitsettings, Codekings firmwares, and the Lite-On tools…

[QUOTE=Thunderbolt69;2513398]It is worth it to crossflash to a Lite-On for the bitsettings, Codekings firmwares, and the Lite-On tools…[/QUOTE]

I just ordered one of them and will try the cross flash when it gets here. :iagree:
I just wish they were still $23.99 with the free shipping but now they are
$26.99 and $1.99 shipping + 9.75% TN. State tax for me at newegg but
oh well hopefully it will worth it.

[QUOTE=getit29;2513780]I just ordered one of them and will try the cross flash when it gets here. :iagree:
I just wish they were still $23.99 with the free shipping but now they are
$26.99 and $1.99 shipping + 9.75% TN. State tax for me at newegg but
oh well hopefully it will worth it.[/QUOTE]
I just finished beta testing FW for all of the iHAS x24 drives and C0deKing has done a wonderful job. His new patched FW is close to being made available for everyone.

With the original firmware 1.03, the Asus bitsets DVD+R to DVD-ROM without user intervention.

As I said in my other post [B](“oh well hopefully it will worth it”) [/B]the answer is yes
it was well worth it as a matter of fact I just ordered another one of them to do a
cross flash to the iHAS 524 I have the first one flashed into a iHAS 424 but wanted
to give label tag a try. :clap: :iagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2515693]As I said in my other post [B](“oh well hopefully it will worth it”) [/B]the answer is yes
it was well worth it as a matter of fact I just ordered another one of them to do a
cross flash to the iHAS 524 I have the first one flashed into a iHAS 424 but wanted
to give label tag a try. :clap: :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Excellent :clap::bigsmile:

Very glad to hear you gave it a shot :iagree:. I definitely consider my iHAS X24’s among my “must-have” drives. Think you’ll find it treats your SL’s AND DL’s very well.

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2515909]Excellent :clap::bigsmile:

Very glad to hear you gave it a shot :iagree:. I definitely consider my iHAS X24’s among my “must-have” drives. Think you’ll find it treats your SL’s AND DL’s very well.[/QUOTE]

When you say that it treats your SL’s AND DL’s very well, do you mean that it writes them (and especially DL’s, in particular MIS Verbatim + DL’s) very well? Thank you.

[QUOTE=Coconut;2515953]When you say that it treats your SL’s AND DL’s very well, do you mean that it writes them (and especially DL’s, in particular MIS Verbatim + DL’s) very well? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

The answer to your question in a word is [U][B]Yes[/B][/U] that is at least my drive burns all the media
a lot better than either of my Samsung or Optiarc drives do. That is why I’m setting here so
impatiently waiting for UPS to deliver my other ASUS DRW-24B1LT and my Verbatim LS media
so I can get it in there to replace one of the Samsungs and get it cross flashed to a iHAS 524
and try the label tag feature out. :iagree: :clap:

[QUOTE=getit29;2515983]The answer to your question in a word is [U][B]Yes[/B][/U] that is at least my drive burns all the media
a lot better than either of my Samsung or Optiarc drives do. That is why I’m setting here so
impatiently waiting for UPS to deliver my other ASUS DRW-24B1LT and my Verbatim LS media
so I can get it in there to replace one of the Samsungs and get it cross flashed to a iHAS 524
and try the label tag feature out. :iagree: :clap:[/QUOTE]

I dont know how the ASUS DRW-24B1LT rebadged iHAS524 compares to an iHAS124, but I had the complete opposite experience with my iHAS124. The quality of my iHAS was lower than both my samsung and both my optiarcs. The optiarc’s verbatim DL burns being WAY better both at 4x and 2.4x than the iHAS. Single layer disks weren’t too differnt, but still inferior than both samsung and optiarc, with the samsung being the best (on average).

Out of all my iHAS burns the best one is the first image (an xbox 360 backup), and the second image is just a what most my Optiarc AD-7200S burns look like, some have a lower PI, others a lower PIF, and others lower jitter. I dont know if I just got a mediocre iHAS124, or if an iHAS124 is of lower quality than an ASUS DRW-24B1LT. That is just my experience with the new MTK chipset liteons.

EDIT: i dont know why the first image looks so much blurrier than the first, but i think its because i saved it as a jpg instead of png like the other one.

[QUOTE=ffire06;2516084]I dont know if I just got a mediocre iHAS124, or if an iHAS124 is of lower quality than an ASUS DRW-24B1LT. That is just my experience with the new MTK chipset liteons.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting your 124 results :flower:. Reviews of the 124 complaining about how noisy it is had me guessing that the hardware in that model might be significantly different than and inferior to the 324/424 models. My 324 and 424 drives are among my quietest drives and give the impression of quality hardware in every way. I will certainly be more careful when recommending an iHAS A model 24X burner to my friends, sticking with the 324/424 models :iagree:.

Thank you very much for taking the time to point out that all the iHASX24 drives may not be created equally :flower:.

Just tossed an MKM003 in the 324 to show how it handles Verbie DL’s. It also does quite a nice job of burning Falcon DL’s. A poster in another thread mentioned that it was able to burn some cheap DL’s that his Optiarc AD-7240 was coastering.

I also love my AD-7200’s for DL’s :bigsmile:. But if we’re talking about currently available drives, I’d take the Lite-on over a new Samsung or Optiarc drive for DL’s.

iHAS324 A COLOR="Black"
Verbatim MIS 8X DVD+R DL DataLifePlus white IJP
Burned at 8X w/ ImgBurn[/COLOR]

I love both of my ASUS DRW-24B1LT’s cross flashed to iHAS424 and iHAS524 on
the way they burn and as deanwitty said they are both very quiet when burning.
The only complaints I have is not actually related to the drives themselves but
the Light Scribe on the 424 and the Label tag on the 524.

The Light Scribe is a big disappointment not worth the time or trouble and definitely
not worth the extra money for LS disc’s.

Now as for Label tag yeah it is kind of cool looking but you can not do a quality scan
on a disc after burning and tagging it with Nero. It tries to scan the whole disc data
and label both and froze up my system after it scanned the data and when it got to
the tag it tried to scan it too and it just froze.

[QUOTE=getit29;2516324]I love both of my ASUS DRW-24B1LT’s cross flashed to iHAS424 and iHAS524 on
the way they burn and as deanwitty said they are both very quiet when burning.
The only complaints I have is not actually related to the drives themselves but
the Light Scribe on the 424 and the Label tag on the 524.

The Light Scribe is a big disappointment not worth the time or trouble and definitely
not worth the extra money for LS disc’s.

Now as for Label tag yeah it is kind of cool looking but you can not do a quality scan
on a disc after burning and tagging it with Nero. It tries to scan the whole disc data
and label both and froze up my system after it scanned the data and when it got to
the tag it tried to scan it too and it just froze.[/QUOTE]I would have to agree with you :bigsmile:. When you have an Epson DVD printer laying around, lightscribe and labeltag pale by comparison.

At $29.00/shipped currently, just buy it cuz its a darn good burner/scanner/ripper :p:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=deanwitty;2516730]I would have to agree with you :bigsmile:. When you have an Epson DVD printer laying around, lightscribe and labeltag pale by comparison.

At $29.00/shipped currently, just buy it cuz its a darn good burner/scanner/ripper :p:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Yep agree 110% with it being a fantastic burner and scanner I haven’t tried ripping with
it yet but I don’t think I’ll be disappointed any when I do try it out. :disagree: I’m very tempted
to replace all of my drives with the DRW-24B1LT and buy several more of them to keep
on hand it’s something to think about anyway. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=getit29;2516742]Yep agree 110% with it being a fantastic burner and scanner I haven’t tried ripping with
it yet but I don’t think I’ll be disappointed any when I do try it out. :disagree: I’m very tempted
to replace all of my drives with the DRW-24B1LT and buy several more of them to keep
on hand it’s something to think about anyway. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Sweet all-around drive, ain’t it? :clap::bigsmile:

You better believe I have a few spares on the shelf already :bigsmile:. It may be a few minutes before another drive comes along that does everything this well . Feel bad for the folks that buy the re-badged Optiarc Lite-on’s and don’t get a chance to enjoy the real deal ;). It is a shame that Lite-on stopped selling these.