Asus DRW-22B2S

[qanda]This thread is about the Asus DRW-22B2S, Black. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi there

I’ve done a few forum searches, Google searches, and even tried to scour the manufacturer’s website, but to no avail.

I can’t find out if the above drive booktypes or not, and to be completely honest, I don’t fancy testing a valuable Verb DVD+R DL (all I’ve got right now) on it.

If anyone has any information on the drive, I would greatly appreciate it :bow:.

Thanks in advance

It’s either a LiteOn iHAP122 or iHAP322 clone. It resembles the latter because it has a function call E-Hammer, similar to LO’s SmartErase. With the Asus’ firmware, there is no booktype on +R, only on +R DL, at least that was the trend from the past.

Is there any way we could confirm? I could run required tests on said drive.

Sorry mods, couldn’t find an Edit button.

I wasted a Verb on it, only to find out (a) for some reason, it skipped sectors while burning the disc, and (b) didn’t booktype the DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM either. Waste of my time. Going to return it tomorrow, unless anyone wants me to run some other tests on it.

It should have booktype the +R DL automatically, since all current drives on the market should do that. What are you using to check if it’s set to -ROM?

DVD Identifier. I can’t remember if I’ve binned the disc or if I’ve still got it. I’ll have a look see and post a screenshot.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I just got a DRW-22B2S firmware 1.02 and it bitsets to rom automaticly for +r’s SL.

[QUOTE=nickyboy4;2564626]Just wanted to let everyone know, I just got a DRW-22B2S firmware 1.02 and it bitsets to rom automaticly for +r’s SL.[/QUOTE]

Can you please use CodeKing’s Flash Utility (see the LiteON section of the forum) to dump the firmware and post a copy of it here for us?

You can upload it on a free host service such as www.mediafire.com.

Thanks!

Sure, I will try tonight, can you refresh my memory on how to do this? It’s been a long time since I tried anything like this. Im sure once I open the utility up it will come back to me.
By the way do you know if this drive can be crossed flashed to a liteon?

[QUOTE=nickyboy4;2564694]Sure, I will try tonight, can you refresh my memory on how to do this? It’s been a long time since I tried anything like this. Im sure once I open the utility up it will come back to me.
By the way do you know if this drive can be crossed flashed to a liteon?[/QUOTE]

Its very simple, just open the Flash Utility v5.0.0 (http://codeguys.rpc1.org/utilities.html) and press the Read Flash button. That’s pretty much it. Once the reading is done you’ll end up with a 2MB *.bin file.

Thanks! :flower:

Here is the link to the 1.02 firmware from my drive.
http://www.mediafire.com/?npfdfvpn3nh4tpf