ASUS DRW-2014L1T possible f/w flashes

vbimport

I just bought 2 of the ASUS DRW-2014L1T drives and I was wondering if there was a possible cross-flash for them. It was strictly an impulse buy but I did need another SATA drive and I got them for less than $20 delivered each.:rolleyes:

I’ve burned a few discs with each drive and they do ok but it seems the same MediaTek chip is used in other drives including the Lite-On LH-20A1L and the Samsung SH-S183L which rises the question of a possible CROSS-FLASH!!

The MediaTek MT-1899LE is the chip and I haven’t been able to find much (on English websites) about the ability of the MT-1899LE with a cross-flash in mind.

tia for any help…:iagree:

…gm

Man, please don’t say Asus went the MediaTEK way… :sad:

MT-1899E is old storry… Looks like the $20 price tag has its cost after all. Old crap in new package. :flower:

pinto2 I appreciate your post but it didn’t help much. :wink:

Any ideas on a cross flash to either Lite-On or Samsung?

btw the chip is a MT-1899LE, NOT sure if that makes a difference but it does I’m sure. LightScribe I would guess…

Any direction from you kind folks would be very helpful and much appreciated. :iagree:

…gm

No known crossflashes, Greensman. Same chipset doesn’t mean this is possible (that would mean Samsung can be LiteOn etc.). Asus made their own custom MediaTek design.

Sorry [I]Greensman_2,[/I] my Sammy S203N as well as Litey LH20A1L use same MediaTEK chip. :wink:

Try codeguys toolls for MediaTEK drives to backup your firmware, linky. If this work’s you’ll maybe will be able to get in touch with C0deKing and get further guidance. :slight_smile:

I have to admit, I’ve yet not searched the entire forum for answers though. :flower:

[QUOTE=Cressida;2043138]No known crossflashes, Greensman. Same chipset doesn’t mean this is possible (that would mean Samsung can be LiteOn etc.). Asus made their own custom MediaTek design.[/QUOTE]

NOW that’s sorta saddening. :wink: I was hoping that the ASUS drives were re-badged Samsungs or Lite-Ons. :stuck_out_tongue: Guess not, oh well I’ll try what pinto2 said and then see what happens. :slight_smile:

thanks guys…

…gm

I also dont think its rebadged…