Asus DRW-2014L1t DVD Writer unable to read recordable/rewriteable dvd media

vbimport

Good Day,:slight_smile:

My dvd writer just having hard time to play/read/ any dvd+-r and dvd+-rw,apart from this just working fine with any cd,dvd or cd+-rw,and able to burn flawlessly.

When you insert a blank dvd±r or dvd rewritable it will just eject and ask to ‘please insert a disk into drive f:’
*Been using all media from sony,verbatim.

-Flash to the latest firmware 1.02
-Did some alcohol with cotton pad lens cleaning
-No such thing as upper/lower filter in registry
-No alcohol,daemon tools installed on windows 7

:confused:Just running out of idea,suggestion anyone?

Will it boot from a bootable DVD±R, such as a Linux Live DVD? In that case it is a software issue.
But it is well possible that the drive’s DVD laser is close to failure, and in that case there’s no choice.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2623427]Will it boot from a bootable DVD±R, such as a Linux Live DVD? In that case it is a software issue.
But it is well possible that the drive’s DVD laser is close to failure, and in that case there’s no choice.[/QUOTE]
Yes it will,just it takes some time to load.
Well…it might be so,looks like no other option but to go for new drive.:rolleyes:

Thanks for our help anyway,appreciated it.

[QUOTE=Falsetto;2623415]Good Day,:slight_smile:

My dvd writer just having hard time to play/read/ any dvd+-r and dvd+-rw,apart from this just working fine with any cd,dvd or cd+-rw,and able to burn flawlessly.

When you insert a [B]blank[/B] dvd±r or dvd rewritable it will just eject and ask to ‘please insert a disk into drive f:’
*Been using all media from sony,verbatim.

-Flash to the latest firmware 1.02
-Did some alcohol with cotton pad lens cleaning
-No such thing as upper/lower filter in registry
-No alcohol,daemon tools installed on windows 7

:confused:Just running out of idea,suggestion anyone?[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on the drivers and burning softwares you have installed too.
What do you expect from just inserting a BLANK DVD± or RW disc?

The problem was when you insert a brand new verbatim dvdrw media,drive able to detect and burn data on it.

It isn’t working when you insert the same dvdrw with data on it,or the same dvdrw that has been erased.