ASUS DRW-2014L1T DVD playback problem

[qanda]This thread is about the Asus DRW-2014L1T DVD Writer. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi i bought a new ASUS DRW-2014L1T DVD drive. My problem is that when i play DVDs in the drive, the playback is not smooth and is very jerky as if a buffer under run is happening all the time. Both audio and video are jerky. I used PowerDVD to play the DVDs. I have a 7 years old ASUS CD-ROM and it also has the same problem while playing video CDs.

My System configuration is:-

Windows XP
Athlon 64 2800+
Asus K8Vx motherboard
Kingston 1GB DDR 400 ram
XFX geforce 6200 gpu
Creative audigy value soundcard

@ vikrant1982,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you ensured that your Optical Drive Laser Lens is clean and free of any debris?

Have you ensured that you have to most current up to date version of Power DVD?

Have you ensure that your Creative Audigy Audio Sound Card and XFX GeForce Graphic Video Card have the newest most current up to date Drivers installed?

Also have you ensured that you have sufficient Free Physical Memory available to Play/View for your DVDs/Video CDs.

Suggest running DxDiag and ensure that you don’t have any Audio and/or Video hardware problems ->

Regards,
bjkg

Hi, i have the latest drivers installed now, dxdiag shows no audio and video problems, my laser lens is also clean, i have 1 GB ram and 7 GBs free on c drive(powerDVD installation drive)…but the problem persists…