ASUS DRW-2014L1T does not recognize Lightscribe Media

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Asus DRW-2014L1T. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Howdy …

I have also posted this in the CS&DVD Creating & Labeling forum … several views, zero replies.

Good Day …

1. I am on Vista Home Premium, SP1, latest patch level as of today
    I have a Dell Inspiron 531, athlon, dual-core, 32-bit
  2. I am using Verbatim Lightscribe DVD+R media, product code 95091
  3. ASUS DRW-2014L1T, firmware 1.02
  4. I insert a lightscribe DVD, to burn data … and data can be burned. Non lightscribe DVDs can be inserted and burned as well.
  5. I insert same lightscribe DVD, with burned data, to burn a lightscribe label, and it is not recognized by the system … never checks in and indicates ready status. No problems at all with any oother non-lightscribe media.
  6. Dell support says it’s a ‘media’ problem
  7. Verbatim says, ’ that DVD is qualified for Vista 32-bit … which I have
  8. Prior to the ASUS drive I had a Samsung, also with lightscribe … same problem. Could do everything except burn/ recognize lightscribe media
  9. ASUS DRW-2014L1T connected to SATA1 motherboard connection
    I sure look forward to your advice. Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Jim

Just double checking: you insert the disc face-down [flip the disc] to try to try to burn the label, right?

[QUOTE=hughes1115;2131242][qanda]This thread is about the Asus DRW-2014L1T. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Howdy …

I have also posted this in the CS&DVD Creating & Labeling forum … several views, zero replies.[/QUOTE]

Then I will delete that one, as crossposting is against forum rules. :wink:

Also, make sure you have the very latest LightScribe System Software installed, available from www.lightscribe.com. (Since you don’t mention whether you installed it in your original post).

Albert …

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I inserted the media with the ‘lightscribe side down’

Take care.
Jim

[QUOTE=Arachne;2131258]Then I will delete that one, as crossposting is against forum rules. :wink:

Also, make sure you have the very latest LightScribe System Software installed, available from www.lightscribe.com. (Since you don’t mention whether you installed it in your original post).[/QUOTE]

Arachne …

Thank you for your reply.

I sure goofed; I will never cross-post again. I apologize.

I have installed the latest ‘lightscribe software,’ 1.14.25.1

Thanks.
Jim

Not a problem :wink:

Hmmm, so I reckon it’s not the drive, if the previous one did the same thing.

Long shot, but have you tried different software? I use SureThing, personally (a trial version is available). :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2131270]Not a problem :wink:

Hmmm, so I reckon it’s not the drive, if the previous one did the same thing.

Long shot, but have you tried different software? I use SureThing, personally (a trial version is available). :)[/QUOTE]

Arachne …

The media ‘never checks ready’ in the ASUS drive. It will if I insert the ‘data side.’

I use SureThing, latest level … but, never gets to that point where I could burn a lightscribe image as the ASUS drive never comes ‘ready.’

HP lightscribe media follows the same path …, data side okay, lightscribe not okay.

I called Verbatim and they assured me that the media I am using is qualified for all versions of Windows. ASUS forum says Verbatim has been used successfully.

I do not have a clue … don’t know what to do next.

Thanks.
Jim

Try HP lightscribe media.
Also, check services and see if Lightscribe is enabled.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2131381]Try HP lightscribe media.
Also, check services and see if Lightscribe is enabled.[/QUOTE]

pfloyd …

Thanks for your response.

I have tried HP lightscribe media, results same as Verbatim.

Services revealed this: Startup type: Automatic

Take care.
Jim

Hi,

just an idea:
My Dell notebook came with Roxio software preinstalled, which also included some labelling tool (there was also a service running).
Maybe such is also the case with your computer, and this labelling service (I don’t remember its name) interferes with your other labelling software. If you don’t use the Roxio software, you may uninstall it totally and see if that works for you.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2131671]Hi,

just an idea:
My Dell notebook came with Roxio software preinstalled, which also included some labelling tool (there was also a service running).
Maybe such is also the case with your computer, and this labelling service (I don’t remember its name) interferes with your other labelling software. If you don’t use the Roxio software, you may uninstall it totally and see if that works for you.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Michael …

Thank you for your response.

Roxio was never on my desktop.

Take care.
Jim

[QUOTE=hughes1115;2131702]Michael …

Thank you for your response.

Roxio was never on my desktop.

Take care.
Jim
**********************[/QUOTE]