I have also posted this in the CS&DVD Creating & Labeling forum … several views, zero replies.
Good Day …
- I am on Vista Home Premium, SP1, latest patch level as of today
I have a Dell Inspiron 531, athlon, dual-core, 32-bit
- I am using Verbatim Lightscribe DVD+R media, product code 95091
- ASUS DRW-2014L1T, firmware 1.02
- I insert a lightscribe DVD, to burn data … and data can be burned. Non lightscribe DVDs can be inserted and burned as well.
- I insert same lightscribe DVD, with burned data, to burn a lightscribe label, and it is not recognized by the system … never checks in and indicates ready status. No problems at all with any oother non-lightscribe media.
- Dell support says it’s a ‘media’ problem
- Verbatim says, ’ that DVD is qualified for Vista 32-bit … which I have
- Prior to the ASUS drive I had a Samsung, also with lightscribe … same problem. Could do everything except burn/ recognize lightscribe media
- ASUS DRW-2014L1T connected to SATA1 motherboard connection
I sure look forward to your advice. Thanks for your time and consideration.