ASUS DRW-2014L1T Booktype DVD ROM impossible

vbimport

Why doesn’t this drive booktype dvd-rom on dvd+r DL disc using IMGBURN to burn?
Here’s the read disc after i finished burning it i put it back into IMGBURN

ASUS DRW-2014L1T 1.02 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 4,155,840
Size: 8,511,160,320 bytes
Time: 923:33:15 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1…
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 4155839)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 4155840)

Track Information:
Session 1…
-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, TS: 4155840, LRA: 0)

Disc Control Blocks Information:
ASUS DRW-2014L1T

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: MKM-001-00
Book Type: DVD+R DL
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,566,527
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,281,567

Layer Information:
Layer 0 Sectors: 2,084,960 (50.17%)
Layer 1 Sectors: 2,070,880 (49.83%)

What the hell?
Connected via SATA btw
How can i solve this? Btw there’s no setting in Imgburn to set ASUS booktype

up…

up…

[QUOTE=davidw89;2074631]up…[/QUOTE]

Stop it, that is useless.

Buy a burner which supports booktyping. Try Nero.

[QUOTE=chef;2080407]Stop it, that is useless.[/QUOTE]

This is the type of rude stupidity that caused Me to join Doom9.

I meen if I had posted for help & waited 2 days & hadn’t gotten a response I’d of bumped My post too, heck anyone would of & then after I’d had waited another 2 days I’d have bumped it again, since it’s obviously getting passed over & sitting at the bottom of the list.
Then after 2 weeks of waiting finally the post gets a Sarcastic answer from a [B]“Burnt out Guru”.[/B] who makes Me feels as though he’s talking down to the user who was asking for help. Oh wait My bad I’m sure You-all would call him/her/me a n00b.
I think the fist thing that should’ve been said was,“please excuse us for not replying sooner but we’re very busy around here”. But nooo You artisticly flip the script & make it the user’s bad.

Dude/User go to Doom9 they’re aot freindler there & to all of You so called Guru’s,You-all need to quit using the same answer for every question thats asked of You’ns & You know which one I’m talking about the Poor-Media-Answer.
You all critsize us asking for help for failing to put enough work into our research & or querry’s, but You’re just as guilty of failing to put any real work into thee answer in this instance anyaway.

In reality the problem could have been a dirty lens so You could have told em to run a cleaner on it & then give it a re-try, or tell em to try the exact same disc on another PC & see if it will go thru on that burner.
The truth is the Burnner probably is too old just as You said, but allways with the same answer come on You Guy’s.

Ok My Rant will end now as I’m sure this forum can do without Me & user’s like Me but this much is true & try to remember it.

A user registers to join a forum then goes back to his email to verify & then comes back & creates a post knowing the whole time that he’s likely to get dumped on for asking a question that’s probably basic to most (but not to the new user) but still he goes ahead & post’s it anyway because he needs an answer quickly .

Dudè, you just made me laughing…about you.
Sorry, i just should have said, “hello ignorant!”.

and ADÈ.

[QUOTE=Xproject187;2146459]This is the type of rude stupidity that caused Me to join Doom9.

I meen if I had posted for help & waited 2 days & hadn’t gotten a response I’d of bumped My post too, heck anyone would of & then after I’d had waited another 2 days I’d have bumped it again, since it’s obviously getting passed over & sitting at the bottom of the list.
Then after 2 weeks of waiting finally the post gets a Sarcastic answer from a [B]“Burnt out Guru”.[/B] who makes Me feels as though he’s talking down to the user who was asking for help. Oh wait My bad I’m sure You-all would call him/her/me a n00b.
I think the fist thing that should’ve been said was,“please excuse us for not replying sooner but we’re very busy around here”. But nooo You artisticly flip the script & make it the user’s bad.

Dude/User go to Doom9 they’re aot freindler there & to all of You so called Guru’s,You-all need to quit using the same answer for every question thats asked of You’ns & You know which one I’m talking about the Poor-Media-Answer.
You all critsize us asking for help for failing to put enough work into our research & or querry’s, but You’re just as guilty of failing to put any real work into thee answer in this instance anyaway.

In reality the problem could have been a dirty lens so You could have told em to run a cleaner on it & then give it a re-try, or tell em to try the exact same disc on another PC & see if it will go thru on that burner.
The truth is the Burnner probably is too old just as You said, but allways with the same answer come on You Guy’s.

Ok My Rant will end now as I’m sure this forum can do without Me & user’s like Me but this much is true & try to remember it.

A user registers to join a forum then goes back to his email to verify & then comes back & creates a post knowing the whole time that he’s likely to get dumped on for asking a question that’s probably basic to most (but not to the new user) but still he goes ahead & post’s it anyway because he needs an answer quickly .[/QUOTE]

Yeah after 2 weeks I guess "hello ignorant " would have been better than nothing
But to tell a guy not to bump his post after waiting almost 2 weeks well that is kinda dumb.

Hm, what is the idea behind bumping that way??

I can imagine none, sorry.

@ Xproject187

What is “Kinda of Dumb” is attempting to revive a dead posting that is over 4 months old.

Other than attempting to start some controversy exactly what is your purpose of attempting to revive a posting that is over 4 months old?

Regards,
bjkg

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Looks to me like the disc was successfully booktyped.

The bumping discussion is not helpful to the original poster, nor indeed to anyone else.

Hm, want to remind that some drives report the Booktype wrong. :wink:

[quote=Xproject187;2146459]
You all critsize us asking for help for failing to put enough work into our research & or querry’s, but You’re just as guilty of failing to put any real work into thee answer in this instance anyway.

In reality the problem could have been a dirty lens so You could have told em to run a cleaner on it & then give it a re-try, or tell em to try the exact same disc on another PC & see if it will go thru on that burner.[/quote]
If media’s is the obvious problem, why screw around? We don’t want to make a mountain out of a molehill.

For some reason, the human race is obsessed with money & like to keep a much as they can, so buy the cheapest media & then wonder why it doesn’t work.
Often it’s other problems, but mostly it’s poor media & Good Media immediately resolves the issue.

hi,

Im with the same problem davidw89, but my burner is ASUS DRW-1814BL (is the same, only burn at 18x) and dont change the booktype too.

I try different burn software (CloneCD, ImgBurn, Nero 7 Premium) and try dvd+r dl TDK, Memorex, Sonyand I´ll try Verbatirn.

When i try to change the booktype any of the software dont accept with the bitsetting. And worse, they dont accept the dvd+r dl??!!! when I start burning the program tell me that wasnt enough space in disk?!!!

anyone can help me???

davidw89 is back…

and this problem still exist!

rofl Xproject187 you’ve basically contribute jack all to this thread, minus your rant.

@ davidw89,

I believe that in Forum posting #4 Forum Member chef points to your problem in BookType Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM. Specifically the ASUS DRW-2014L1T does not support the BookType Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM.

Suggest reviewing the CDRinfo ASUS DRW-2014L1T review and under the topic “Media List - Booktype - DVD Overburning” note the comments concerning “BookType”. The ASUS DRW-2014L1T does not support BookType Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM ->

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=22029

@ Major Mach,

Perhaps reviewing the CDRinfo ASUS DRW-2014L1T review might be helpful to you ->

@ davidw89,

Please don’t re-invite Forum Member Xproject187 to re-visit this thread . Other than attempting to start some controversy his negativity doesn’t contribute any meaningful pertinent contributions to this thread.

Regards,
bjkg

hey davidw89…take a look at post #10 here, and your original post. It seems even though you may not manually be able to set your booktype…imgburn did indeed booktype to dvd-rom.
what you have highlighted in red is when the disk was empty, but the “Physical Format Information” (Last Recorded) shows how it was acutally burned.

[QUOTE=bjkg;2163192]@ davidw89,

I believe that in Forum posting #4 Forum Member chef points to your problem in BookType Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM. Specifically the ASUS DRW-2014L1T does not support the BookType Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM.

Suggest reviewing the CDRinfo ASUS DRW-2014L1T review and under the topic “Media List - Booktype - DVD Overburning” note the comments concerning “BookType”. The ASUS DRW-2014L1T does not support BookType Bit Setting of DVD+R SL Media to DVD-ROM ->

@ Major Mach,

Perhaps reviewing the CDRinfo ASUS DRW-2014L1T review might be helpful to you ->

@ davidw89,

Please don’t re-invite Forum Member Xproject187 to re-visit this thread . Other than attempting to start some controversy his negativity doesn’t contribute any meaningful pertinent contributions to this thread.

Regards,
bjkg[/QUOTE]

oh thanks for the support

I was dubitate if the drive really do the bitsetting - booktype manually or auto-bitset. on the asus site dont make mention of that.

ok, now I understand. simply cannot be done with this drive. :frowning:

and now, how do I burn with the bitsettings changed??? can you suggest a solution for I buy one DVD RW drive who works with ImgBurn??

cheers