Asus DRW-2014L1T and MSCE

vbimport

Hi:
I would like to know how to read the firmware 1.02 of the above drive and do the magic with MSCE:). I’ve tried with release 1.1.0.16 and does not open the exe file:confused:. Is there another way?
Thanks in advance.
HFW

The flasher is compressed with UPX. Uncompress it with
upx -d S2014L1T_V102.exe

Thank you, ala42.
I’ll try it.:bow::bow::bow:
HFW

Hi ala42:
I´ve tried your suggestion with MSCE 1.1.0.20 today and I was able to open the file but MSCE is unable to do anything to the flasher. No RPC1 o autoreset RPC2, no increase/decrease speed. All is greyed out. Is there other thing that should I do?
I´m sorry this is almost 6 months later, but I am installing again this drive and I would like to modified the flasher.
Thanks again
HFW

@ HFW,

You use the Media Code Speed Edit tool to apply the “Read Speed Increase/RPC-1 Region Free/Enable Bitsetting” patches to the Firmware file and use the Media Code Speed Edit tool to apply the “Allow Same To Same Flashing” patch to the Flasher file.

Regards,
bjkg

@bjkg
Thank you for your answer. The thing is that the firmware is an exe file. If I open it with MCSE, all is greyed out. How could I unpack the flasher from the firmware itself?
Thank you again
HFW

HFW,

As per posting #2 did you uncompress the S2014L1T_V102.exe file with UPX (http://upx.sourceforge.net) ?

Regards,
bjkg

[QUOTE=HFW;2172361]Hi ala42:
I´ve tried your suggestion with MSCE 1.1.0.20 today and I was able to open the file but MSCE is unable to do anything to the flasher. No RPC1 o autoreset RPC2, no increase/decrease speed. All is greyed out. Is there other thing that should I do?
[/QUOTE]
These patches are not available for the Asus DRW-2014L1T and drives of the same family.

@bjbk
Yes, I´ve unpacked with upx, as Ala42 suggested.

@Ala42
If MCSE is unable to patch the DRW-2014L1T firmware, the only think I can do is to change burning strategies. Is that correct? Also, are you planning to do the patching in future releases od MCSE?
Thanks again
HFW

[QUOTE=HFW;2172548]If MCSE is unable to patch the DRW-2014L1T firmware, the only think I can do is to change burning strategies. Is that correct?
[/QUOTE]
You can swap the write strategies.

Also, are you planning to do the patching in future releases od MCSE?

I do not know how to change the read speed and will not search for it, but probably I have a RPC1 patch soon.

@Ala42
This are good news, as always from you.:bow:
Thanks-a-million
HFW

[QUOTE=ala42;2172698]I do not know how to change the read speed and will not search for it, but probably I have a RPC1 patch soon.[/QUOTE]

Is there any update on this one? I tried updating the firmware (after extracting it with UPX), but everything is grayed-out so I assume it isn’t supported yet.

Thanks in advance,
Oren

I have an RPC1 patch for the DRW-2014L1T and some other ASUS MTK chip drives. Send me a PM with your drive id if you need it.

[QUOTE=ala42;2199618]I have an RPC1 patch for the DRW-2014L1T and some other ASUS MTK chip drives. Send me a PM with your drive id if you need it.[/QUOTE]

can u send me that RPC1 patch too please?

“Send me a PM with your drive id” means send me a private message with your drive identification string. I do not know which drive you have.

[QUOTE=ala42;2207073]“Send me a PM with your drive id” means send me a private message with your drive identification string. I do not know which drive you have.[/QUOTE]

first let me tell more about my problem. i have asus drw 2014l1t . it always freezes when i try to burn a dvd so i tried to update it with its lastest version of firmware from asus official website. when i tried to flash firmware , pc froze so i restarted pc . but when pc starts to work , green light of drw always stays on and dont eject drw and i cant see drw in my computer and device manager but it seen in bios . and i try to flash firmware , it says no device matched . i dont really know what to do .im using windows xp 32 bit.i am searching for solve in forum sites for a few days but still nothing to do . hope u help me .sorry for my english. have a nice day

Which drive id do you see in the bios ? Is it ASUS DRW-2014L1T BOOT or ASUS DRW-2014L1T 1.0x ?

[QUOTE=ala42;2208584]Which drive id do you see in the bios ? Is it ASUS DRW-2014L1T BOOT or ASUS DRW-2014L1T 1.0x ?[/QUOTE]

hello again thanks for respond and i plugged to drw to another computer and it seen in my computer and device manager but green led ligth still always on .and it says "ASUS DRW-2014L1T BOOT"
thanks for help
have a nice day

[QUOTE=scarnage;2208901]hello again thanks for respond and i plugged to drw to another computer and it seen in my computer and device manager but green led ligth still always on .and it says "ASUS DRW-2014L1T BOOT"
thanks for help
have a nice day[/QUOTE]

and firmware updates completed but now drw doesnt read or write any cd or dvd .

Does your drive still display BOOT as firmware revision ?