ASUS DRW-1608P3S not reading AUDIO CDs

vbimport

Hi all

My old ASUS DRW-1608P3S with its latest original 1.24 fw has stopped reading audio cds. It reads all other types.

What the heck is going on??!?!?

Thanks.

edit: How do I restore my original fw in case I’ll flash the Pioneer 111L firmware?

Hi,

data CDs do work?
If so, then you have a problem with your OS and/or software installation.

Michael

Data cds work fine. Only audio cds are not. It could read them fine until a while ago. Since then I reinstalled windows 7 so I can’t see what could cause this. Fresh reinstall, 10 days or so.

[QUOTE=kukubau;2564214]Data cds work fine. [/quote]Okay, then the hardware should be okay.

Since then I reinstalled windows 7 so I can’t see what could cause this. Fresh reinstall, 10 days or so.
What software had been installed? Some games and even some music CDs install rouge copy protection drivers. No idea if such is prevented by Windows 7.

What you could also try: Run a Linux Live system, like Ubuntu or Mint. They also allow creation of a bootable USB thingy. This is an excellent method to find out if an issue is due to some Windows oddity or not.

Michael

How can I reflash the original Asus 1.24 firmware? I crossed flashed the Pioneer 8.29 firmware after seeing that the audio cds don’t work.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2564224]Okay, then the hardware should be okay.
What software had been installed? Some games and even some music CDs install rouge copy protection drivers. No idea if such is prevented by Windows 7.

What you could also try: Run a Linux Live system, like Ubuntu or Mint. They also allow creation of a bootable USB thingy. This is an excellent method to find out if an issue is due to some Windows oddity or not.

Michael[/QUOTE]

I thought about running ubuntu. I’ll do that tomorrow. Thanks.

How can I reflash the original Asus 1.24 firmware? I crossed flashed the Pioneer 8.29 firmware after seeing that the audio cds don’t work.

Thanks.

I’d guess, the same method as used for crossflashing to Pioneer firmware :wink:

Michael

Doesn’t work. I already tried.

Then you’ll have to stick with what you have.
Whoever told you to crossflash your drive (for troubleshooting) - this was bad advice.

Edit: Already tried this: http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DRW1608P3S ?

Michael

Error: Unable to set kernel mode.

[QUOTE=kukubau;2566199]Error: Unable to set kernel mode.[/QUOTE]

You must have used the wrong package/flasher.

No. I used the PIONEER DVR-111L 8.29 INT (Buffalo-Internal) fw. The drive works ok, but I’d like to get back to the asus fw.

Read my post again…

I didn’t use the wrong package/flasher/firmware. The 8.29 INT was flashed after the 8.19 ver. As I should have.

“Current Revision>> PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111L 8.29 06/08/10
Current Signature = OEM_INT”

You did, you cannot crossflash without the correct KERNEL firmware!