ASUS DRW-1608P3S burning problem with iTunes

I cannot burn an audio CD form itunes,whenever it almost completes , an error occurs “failed audio CD burn had error code 4251(unknown error)”, I don’t know how to slove the problem, I did try to reduce the writing speed of itunes but it didn’t work. When I use Nero with the same drive,ASUS DRW-1608P3S, it works well. However, I need to burn audio CDs from itunes because i buy music form itunes,the acc format. Can anyone help me ? Thanks alot in advance

Read the itunes FAQ!

You are only able to burn something onto CD if you have the permissions to do that…

I don’t know about itunes permissions but there’s definitely something wrong with itunes - I have asus 1608P2S and got a similar error message even when trying to burn my own mp3 collections. The error popped up after the burn process started, which resulted in a corrupt disc. Anyway, this is not the kind of error message you would expect when you are not allowed to burn aac. Personally I uninstalled itunes long time ago because I found it too buggy and problematic. Perhaps you could try some other software? I know Winamp has a plugin for reading itunes aac format but I don’t know if it allows you to burn cds from aac - you’d have to check it out.

Then please use BURRRN which is free and works great. Also cd burner xp if you wish to burn data.

I know many people are happy with cd burner xp pro but for me this program never worked in an acceptable manner. I used to have two lite-on burners (cd and dvd) and now Asus 1608p2s and this program has always had serious issues with each of them. I can’t remember exactly what the problems were several years ago but last time I tried it with my Asus, the program burned corrupt data files on dvd-r discs. I was looking for a simple free or cheap program to back up my data and after several burns I found I had many files on my dvds with corrupt data although I didn’t get any error notice after the burning process. Also, trying to burn dvds with any larger amount of files was impossible for some reason. So to me burned xp pro is totally unreliable. Now I use Ashampoo Burning Studio 5 for data discs and am very pleased with it - but the guys from Ashampoo had to send me a special patch for my drive because there were some minor incompatibilities (still good that they can offer such support).

I wouldn’t use that much different burning apps and besides, there seems to be a general problem with either your hardware or the OS installation.

I was wondering if you ever got any help with this…am having the same problem. Thanks!

ok, this is big problem all over. i spent weeks and swapped drives at shops and with friends. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s an itunes problem

Here is the best work around as I love itunes over others
Open Neros and drag the tracks from itunes … sorted and done.
Don’tg waste any more time as life is too short
Ciao

ok, this is big problem all over. i spent weeks and swapped drives at shops and with friends. I’ve come to the conclusion it’s an itunes problem

Here is the best work around as I love itunes over others
Open Neros and drag the tracks from itunes … sorted and done.
Don’t waste any more time as life is too short
Ciao

[QUOTE=godfather27;1535151]I cannot burn an audio CD form itunes,whenever it almost completes , an error occurs “failed audio CD burn had error code 4251(unknown error)”, I don’t know how to slove the problem, I did try to reduce the writing speed of itunes but it didn’t work. When I use Nero with the same drive,ASUS DRW-1608P3S, it works well. However, I need to burn audio CDs from itunes because i buy music form itunes,the acc format. Can anyone help me ? Thanks alot in advance[/QUOTE]

I had this problem. If you turn off your virus & spyware controls while you burn, everything runs fine. No error 4251.

The particular CD/DVD Burner used is NOT the problem with the Apple iTunes software program. It is in fact the fault of the known buggy Apple iTunes software program.

It is well-documented fact that the Apple iTunes software program is plagued with numerous conflict errors problems. A quick Google Search (http://www.google.com) will confirm this fact.

There are other viable alternatives to the Apple iTunes software program ->

Regards,
bjkg

Such an old problem and Apple hasn’t figured that out yet!

If you’re using OS X, make sure you have a profile installed for the burner with PatchBurn:

http://www.patchburn.de

The lack of a profile is the most common cause of problems burning with iTunes under OS X.