ASUS DRW-1608P2S cant use DVD?

i jus bought a Asus DRW-1608P2S last week. I hav try on the cdrw function and works perfectly like angel. But when i try to use the dvdrw functon, weirdly get nth to work. I insert a DVD 9 movie, rom start to running but in the end i get nth. The drive’s folder was empty. I hav try a few of my LOTR dvd, still get the same result. Then i get a blank dvd and try to scan for disc info with Nero Smart. Result i get is ask me to insert the disc and disc not found.

Wondering could sum1 sincerely help me out with this problem. I’m quite new to the burning part.

I hav WinXP Pro SP2 install. My IDE control show i hav UDMA 2.

About the UDMA 2 , i have solve it. But problem still occur. I send back to the shop i bought my drive, it works. But when i bring back i cant use it. I hav 2 HDD conncet on my 1st IDE and the DRW connect at 2nd IDE with master.
Here’s my PC spec:
AMD 2200+
Gigabyte GA-7S748
WinXP Pro SP2
Nero Smart

Hi,

you should try an UDMA-66 cable (40pin, 80 wires) to connect your drive to the mainboard.

Michael

Have you installed a dvd player software like PowerDVD to be able to watch video dvds on your computer?

I would also suggest to install a nice -all-in-one player like VLC tool.

Hi,

Don’t forget to mention Media Player Classic . It often runs smoother with DVD playback.

Michael