ASUS CRW5224 @ 23.77X only in CloneCD?

My Asus CRW5224 only burns at 23.77X Max even though i choose to burn at 40X? Why is this happening?

Oh many reasons.

Is DMA on?
What media are you burning on?
Is it on the fly? If so are they on the same channel?
If not is your hard drive fragmented?
If you have a VIA chipset, it may be worth your while to download the VIA 4-in-1 pack

And if its only in CloneCD then I dont know why. Sorry.

The ASUS CRW5224 is on my second pc:

MSI K7n420 Pro
AMD Athlong XP 1700+
512MB DDR
40GB Maxtor
WinXP

I enabled DMA and updated the chipset drivers already! But it still doesn’t work, with an average burn speed of 21.xx speed. I also changed the write mode to RAW DAO and tunred off AWS. My media is certified for 48X.

In the Log, it says that my burner is incompatible to CloneCD 4.2.0.2?

Faster speeds are only ever encountered towards the outer edge of the disc. There are several obvious factors that will give you an average of 23x:

complexity of the write
size of the image
quality of the media
media compatibility
running OPC

Your ASUS is not incompatible with CloneCD; this ‘error’ that we’ve discussed before occurs every now and then.

Originally posted by Savannah
[B]Oh many reasons.

Is DMA on?
What media are you burning on?
Is it on the fly? If so are they on the same channel?
If not is your hard drive fragmented?
If you have a VIA chipset, it may be worth your while to download the VIA 4-in-1 pack

And if its only in CloneCD then I dont know why. Sorry. [/B]

with the newer computers it doesnt matter anymore if the source and target drives are on the same channel.
im having no troubles at al to burn on the fly at 48 speed, source drive is sec slave and target drive is sec master.

Originally posted by Maelstrom
[B]

with the newer computers it doesnt matter anymore if the source and target drives are on the same channel.[/B]
Yes, yes, yes. I mention this not infrequently but I suspect nobody believes me! It’s the command & queuing protocol in the ATA4 standard that makes chaining irrelevant as an issue (PIO & Multiword Modes aside).

Originally posted by FutureProof
Yes, yes, yes. I mention this not infrequently but I suspect nobody believes me!

Aplogies for misinformation.

I believe you FutureProof, truly I do!

The burns are basically always over 650MB

In the Log it says the burner is incompatible with CloneCD, but it can still burn

Media is not the culprit. I use the same one on my TDK at 40X and everything goes fine

the PC only has 1 cd Drive

DMA of course on

hmm incompatibility…have to try u got me there…will reply asap when i test

…arghhh…waiting for new CloneCD…

ps… any tips for this burner?

Thanx in advance guys!:smiley:
luv your work!