ASUS CRW-5224A ?'s

Ok, so i have a ASUS CRW-5224A and i need drivers… can’t find them. Verbatim has sum, when i DLed it, and unziped it, and clicked upgrade, it said this “Frimware Version can’t Flash !!!” that was the driver stright from the suport area of v-pgi.com. Can you help me?!
PZ

what are u looking for? drivers or firmware?

'cos, you don’t need drivers. If it’s FW Rev 1.0, leave it at that.

Originally posted by FutureProof
'cos, you don’t need drivers. If it’s FW Rev 1.0, leave it at that.

agree

i tried almost all firmware versions and 1.0 is the best you’ll get.

Originally posted by Maelstrom
i tried almost all firmware versions and 1.0 is the best you’ll get.

Is there any way to downgrade the firmware to 1.0, other than mtkflash? I’ve got the bin file…

Thanx in advance :wink:

FutureProof,

what about CRW 4824A? I have flashed it to 1.35, and I got problems on reading CD-Rs (got so many-many error when backing up Audio CD with no protection). My LTD-166s better when reading to image (but seems that XP crashed when I upgrade to DS19 or DS31 :a )

should I go back to version 1.0?

Go back? certainly. I have no media issues except that I use only Verbatim DLP superAZO

Ok, so befor i formated my comp, it worked fine, but after, no workie. w/ the windows xp drivers it is running on, it can’t tell there is a cd in the drive!! so i figured, go get the drivers… but what do i do now?
PZ
P.S. i don’t understand the diferance between drivers a firmware??

Your IDE drivers, either native to Windows or third party for your motherboard are not loaded correctly.

Can you see the device in My computer?

Click System information in My Computer and open Hardware > Device Manager. Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

What controller do you see instead of NVIDIA NForce?

Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives. Anything there?

What about disk management? Start > Run type “diskmgmt.msc” and press [Enter]. Anything missing?

It looks just like that but instead of the Nvida controller, it has a “standard dual channel pci ide controller”

Where could I get fw 1.0 for Asus CRW-5224A?
All links I have found here are broken (searching posts related with this).

the reason is that I tried to upgrade mine to fw 1.37; but now backups of Safedisk 2.90/3.1 I have made, do not work on my dvd-writers anymore.

Thanks

Originally posted by Parker
[B]but now backups of Safedisk 2.90/3.1 I have made, do not work on my dvd-writers anymore.

Thanks [/B]
What backup app?

Blindwrite and discjuggler cd-r softwares

Shoot. I’m gonna have to get PoP or Rugby League

I am going to continue testing my Asus. It is not possible that a change of fw remove its capability of EFM partially :frowning:

Originally posted by FutureProof
Shoot. I’m gonna have to get PoP or Rugby League

Ugh, me too since my dj back-ups of sd 2.9 made using dj with 52x Asus (fw 1.37) work just fine. :confused:

Originally posted by philamber
Ugh, me too since my dj back-ups of sd 2.9 made using dj with 52x Asus (fw 1.37) work just fine. :confused:

I am getting surprising results here. With fw 1.37 reading/writing at 4x with discjuggler do not work in some drives. But with fw 1.1 simply works in most of drives I can except some of them that are old.

So can someone say me where can I get the fw 1.0 to downgrade my Asus and leave it as at start?

Parker, you hold FP down, and I’ll borrow his Asus.

Seriously, I haven’t been able to d/l it anywhere on the Net either.

sigh.

Originally posted by Jackass
[B]Parker, you hold FP down, and I’ll borrow his Asus.

Seriously, I haven’t been able to d/l it anywhere on the Net either.

sigh. [/B]

At firmware forum there are some guys that it had it, but the links do not work anymore :frowning: