Asus CRW 4012a vs. Yamaha F1

Ok, I read the hardware tests at CD Freaks mainsite and I’m very impressed about the Yamaha F1. I also read an hardware test on the Asus 48x (CRW Labs). My question here is of these 2 burners, which burner is the best “all in one burner”? I know what the Yamaha can do, but can’t find any info on the Asus 48x. I’m talking about cd protection, audio protection, audio copy. Any member who owns a Asus 48x, could you kindly respond to this thread and tell me what you have successfully backed up? Also, could you use Nero Info Tool and upload an image on the Asus 48x. The cd protection is a cat& mouse game and this will be my last burner I buy and I wan’t to be 100% absolutely sure before I buy. It comes down to the Asus CRW 4812a or the Yamaha F1. All reply posts deeply appreciated :smiley:

Shoebedobedoo

I am interested in buying a new burner to. I have read the recommended burners by FutureProof. I also want to be sure not to end up with my current situation. I own a TDK 16/10/40x, the sanyo model I believe. This one “sucks” as someone put it. I want a new one that will defeat all game and audio protection methods. Please let us know which hardware and software to buy. Thank you for your time and patience with my newbness.

Thank you
:bow:

FP recommends Yamaha F1 and it boils down to this: Yamaha F1 recognizes all audio cd protection and supports Mt. Rainer but this burner writes regular bit patterns almost correctly which basically means you would have to enable “AWS” for Safedisc 2.5.xxx pc protected games. The Asus beats Safedisc 2.5.xxx and no need for “AWS” but only recognizes CDS200 audio cd protection. I’m a owner of a Plextor 2410a and I have to enable “AWS” for Safedisc 2.5.xxx and when I play backup in my Plexy, I have to enable “hide cd-r”. Other people (not this forum) debate with me on this issue and say I don’t have to (I have no clue why) because C&C Renegade (SD 2.5.xxx) backup won’t play unless “hide cd-r” is enabled. I’ve uploaded psp snapshots after snapshots and get tired of telling others I have to do so.

Shoebedobedoo

I’m a owner of a Plextor 2410a and I have to enable “AWS” for Safedisc 2.5.xxx and when I play backup in my Plexy, I have to enable “hide cd-r”. Other people (not this forum) debate with me on this issue and say I don’t have to (I have no clue why) because C&C Renegade (SD 2.5.xxx) backup won’t play unless “hide cd-r” is enabled.
You certainly have to enable “hide cdr” while playing a 1:1 backup from a cdr drive. Sometimes you have to enable it even when playing from a cdrom/dvd drive as some can read atip info also. Maybe you should suggest to those that claim eitherwise to visit this forum and explain why, or let us explain why :wink:

Just in case you/they know nothing about atip, i suggest visiting this page ATIP_Wobble_Info courtesy of Sir D :wink:

As far as the comparison between the Yammie and Asus, you have summed it up. Since you already own the Plexie you already have a perfect reader for protected audio, therefore i would go for the Asus

Hemispasm,
Thank you for your post m8, much appreciated :smiley: To be quite honest, I learned the majority of my information about Safedisc 2.5.xxx, “AWS/Hide CD-R” right at this forum. I’m proud to be a forum member here and many times to seek excellent advice fro FutureProof, G@ME3DFRE@K, SirDavid, just to name a few :wink: I find it very strange over at CD-R Soft forum that a few mods and a senior member debate with me on this issue, and literally say I don’t need to tick “Hide CD-R” while playing a backup of Safedisc 2.5.xxx :frowning: Yamaha F1 was that close to becoming a “perfect” all in 1 burner for me if somehow the engineers could have figured out a way to allow this burner to write regular bit patters correctly, rather than almost correctly. I’m going to sit back and wait for the next LiteON, Asus, and see if they can acomplish what Yamaha almost did (hehe). Again, thanks for your support Hemispasm. I forgot to mention about audio cd protection (Key2Audio/CDS) that a burner must be able to extract the files to the hd to be able to defeat these protections? Correct me if I’m wrong, lol.

Shoebedobedoo

I find it very strange over at CD-R Soft forum that a few mods and a senior member debate with me on this issue, and literally say I don’t need to tick “Hide CD-R” while playing a backup of Safedisc 2.5.xxx
I find it odd also … :confused:

I am trying to get to their forum but i get redierected for some reason :frowning:

Maybe you can post a direct link to a related thread … :slight_smile:

Here ya go m8 :smiley:

CD-R Soft Forum
http://forum.cdrsoft.cc/index.php?

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

i own an asus crw 4816a and for safedisk protections it works perfecly. copied every sd 2.8 game that i tried with no problems.
using alcohol 120% btw (build 1112)
securom isn’t a problem either for the asus crw 4816a (with the right software that is)
for audio cd’s i use my plexwriter 12/10/32 SCSI writer or my ultraplex 40. because i think that plextor is one of the best drives for audio protections.
go for the asus!!!