ASUS BR-04B2T any good?

vbimport

I plan on watching my movies with my ASUS O!Play on my HD TV and I’d like to be able to rip BDs for that purpose. Is this ASUS BR-04B2T drive any good? The forum seems convinced that AnyDVD HD is the way to go on the software side, but other recommendations are welcome as well.

[QUOTE=willmore;2516579]I plan on watching my movies with my ASUS O!Play on my HD TV and I’d like to be able to rip BDs for that purpose. Is this ASUS BR-04B2T drive any good? The forum seems convinced that AnyDVD HD is the way to go on the software side, but other recommendations are welcome as well.[/QUOTE]
Thumbs up on AnyDVD HD. Rips to iso or files. With the addition of virtual clone drive, you also have computer playback with PowerDVD. Don’t have personal experience with the ASUS drive, but with burners like the WH10LS30 that are also much faster rippers going for around 140.00/shipped, why not go for the gold :D?
I have a friend using an iHOS 4X ripper for much the same purpose as yours, and he’s always lamenting the painfully long ripping time. Tells me he’s just about ready to upgrade to 10X/8X ripping at that price :).

Hmm, this drive was $49, so that’s a bit of a steep price difference. I’m not going to be ripping a lot of discs, so I don’t really think the time will be an issue. At 4x, a rip of a huge disc should take 30 min or so, right?

I’m not really all that interested in a burner. I’m not very convinced the Blu-Ray format will be around for long and I have little use for 25-50G writable media. For that, I can use my DLT drive. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the mention of AnyDVD, I was looking at that.