Asus Blu Ray Writer USB 3.0 (BW-12D1S-U)

vbimport

Hello,

I have Purchased an Asus Blu Ray Writer Model # BW-12D1S-U and I seem to be having an issue… (Purchased from Newegg)

The issue here is that I have Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x discs. And this Blu Ray Writer spits them out with errors every time I try to burn a DVD with it… I’m using ConvertXtoDVD for converting/Burning my video files.

I think the writer just doesn’t like these discs… I have not yet tried another burning app as I like to use ConvertXtoDVD simply because it allows me to copy/burn (3) DVDs at once. It’s multi core allowable.

Should I try using another burning program or just switch discs?

I don’t want to switch discs because if I do then my movies will skip on modern DVD players. For example 16x DVD-R is too fast and they skip on most DVD Players. But if I purchase 8x Discs and burn at 4x they play perfectly with no complaints.

PLEASE HELP! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=SBeloitBadBoy;2713360]Hello,

I have Purchased an Asus Blu Ray Writer Model # BW-12D1S-U and I seem to be having an issue… (Purchased from Newegg)

The issue here is that I have Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8x discs. And this Blu Ray Writer spits them out with errors every time I try to burn a DVD with it… I’m using ConvertXtoDVD for converting/Burning my video files.

I think the writer just doesn’t like these discs… I have not yet tried another burning app as I like to use ConvertXtoDVD simply because it allows me to copy/burn (3) DVDs at once. It’s multi core allowable.

Should I try using another burning program or just switch discs?

I don’t want to switch discs because if I do then my movies will skip on modern DVD players. For example 16x DVD-R is too fast and they skip on most DVD Players. But if I purchase 8x Discs and burn at 4x they play perfectly with no complaints.

PLEASE HELP! :)[/QUOTE]

Try Imgburn , its free and its the best burning application coded to date.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2713364]Try Imgburn , its free and its the best burning application coded to date.[/QUOTE]

Hello,

Does IMGBurn Allow me to open the program multiple times at once and Burn several different discs?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=SBeloitBadBoy;2713365]Hello,

Does IMGBurn Allow me to open the program multiple times at once and Burn several different discs?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I use it all the time but I do not use multiple times at once, why don’t you try it, you have absolutely nothing to lose, its free.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2713366]I use it all the time but I do not use multiple times at once, why don’t you try it, you have absolutely nothing to lose, its free.;)[/QUOTE]

Hello,

Thanks for the heads up. I have IMGBurn installed on my PC. I’ve mainly just used it for Burning Images/ISOs to DVD such as Linux OS, or Windows OS. But I will give it a shot for burning DVDs. I know it works for burning Blu Rays in build mode. Great Feature.

Thanks again!

Have you tried looking to see if there are any firmware updates?

[QUOTE=SBeloitBadBoy;2713365]Hello,

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes you can open IMGBurn multiple times and you can burn your discs at the same time even from different ISO’s or different files.