ASUS A8V Deluxe SATA Controller Problem

There is a compatibility problem between the ASUS A8V Deluxe’s VIA SATA controller and Samsung SATA burners. You cannot do a firmware update. I would like to know if anyone else has any SATA burner connected to this MB, and if so, what is the Model of the burner and have you had any problems (i.e. updating firmware). I would appreciate suggestions as to where is the best place to post this question.

Hi,

This also applies to VIA based PCI SATA controllers, and maybe many other mainboards with the 8237 southbridge.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=223031

I would like to know if anyone else has any SATA burner connected to this MB, and if so, what is the Model of the burner and have you had any problems (i.e. updating firmware).
Issues are reported with LG and Optiarc drives, so there is only Liteon left.
I would appreciate suggestions as to where is the best place to post this question.
I think, as this seems to be a controller chipset issue, and a PCI SATA card is another (maybe better) option, it can be discussed here.

If you decide to get another drive only, then the optical drives forums (either General ODD or the User Reviews and Comments) were the better place.

Michael