ASUS A7N8X users should read

vbimport

New BIOS, 1004 final, is out for the revision 1.x A7N8X boards, and FINALLY we can run 200FSB with stability. Where I could not get past 190 in synch, I am now running 200x11.5 on my XP2600. This is a huge improvement, and it will do this with the same or slightly higher Vcore. Some people are reporting success up to 215FSB at lower multiplyers.
There’s a thread running at the AMD forum

Originally posted by rdgrimes
New BIOS, 1004 final, is out for the revision 1.x A7N8X boards, and FINALLY we can run 200FSB with stability. Where I could not get past 190 in synch, I am now running 200x11.5 on my XP2600. This is a huge improvement, and it will do this with the same or slightly higher Vcore. Some people are reporting success up to 215FSB at lower multiplyers.
There’s a thread running at the AMD forum

Nice go there!

I hope MSI releases a similar update, as the K7N2G-ILSR can’t seem to do much over 200Mhz…

Yes, the revision 1.x A7N8X will now support the 400Mhz CPU’s too.
I’m having some issues with my Promise controller card at 200FSB, so I’m not sure that the board is correctly locking the PCI frequency.

Thanks RD! I have a V2, so I think I have official 200 DDR capability… now only if I could get some Corsair RAM in India :frowning:
Stability at around 160 Mhz on my 1133 seems good though, with this new BIOS.