Asus 4012a not recognized by feurio?!

Hello, i just installed an asus 4012a, and it doesnt seem like feurio recognizes it… I had a crappy old 4x mitsumi before that was recognized without a problem, but i’m assuming that my asus is OEM and somehow just not recognized. It does appear in the device list from within feurio, and i was just wondering what driver you all would recomend i tell it to use, as each one says its not made to work with this drive… but i’m assuming at least one of them would have to work… right? :confused: Well, thanks for any help you can give,
-Justin

Running:
GA-7VRXP
Athlon XP 2200+
Windows XP
512Megs PC 2700 (Corsair)
Radeon 9700 PRO
Antec TruePower 480watt PS
Asus 4012a CD-RW
LiteOn LTD-166S DVD

Feurio doesn’t support that Asus:
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml

I realize its not on the supported list, but i assumed someone would know which of the built in drivers that feurio supplies would work best. I just set it to the Generic MMC driver, and it actually burnt a disc with no problems. Does anyone know if this is fine to continue using, or if there is a better driver to set it to (if so, what would the difference be?). Thanks for the reply, hope you can help with this question.
-Justin

Ugh… found another problem. Just installed EAC, and it recognizes both of my drives (the Asus 4012a and a Liteon LTD-166S), but when trying to configure them it tells me no audio CD is in either one of them. I’ve tried multiple CD’s, both drives, and neither one can recognize an audio CD, even though explorer and other proggys tell me the CD’s are in there. Any ideas?

Originally posted by sthprk34

I just set it to the Generic MMC driver, and it actually burnt a disc with no problems. Does anyone know if this is fine to continue using

That’s the one should use

And this might help you when it comes to using EAC

:wink:

Well, thanks for that site link, its good good descriptions of EAC’s options, but i stilll cant figure out why it wont recognize any audio cd’s in either of my drives… its like it doesnt even give it a chance, as soon as i click the button to detect em, a box pops up sayin theres nothin there. Or when i click the auto-detect read mode button, it instantly pops up and tells me the same thing… I’m just gettin frustrated with the whole thing… any further help would be greatly appriciated
-Justin