Asus 1608P3S: Is the best firmware for it the DVR-111 firmware?

vbimport

Hi all. Can an Asus 1608P3S be flashed to the latest firmware v1.29 for the Pioneer DVR-111 or the 111L? http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVR111. Or is there a better option?
Thanks.

I think so. Try the firmware with your dvds and test them to see the results…

I prefer the 111L that enables auto bit setting for +R SL media. Note I believe flashing first with 8.19 for the 111L is required before flash to latest version is possible.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2019733]I prefer the 111L that enables auto bit setting for +R SL media. Note I believe flashing first with 8.19 for the 111L is required before flash to latest version is possible.[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys. So that means first flashing it to [I][B]8.19 INT (Buffalo-Internal)[/B][/I], then to v8.29? What does the [B][/B] mean? They have that mark all over that page, but no meaning for it! I hate it when people use the * mark, but make no reference as to what it means! :a

Just what is “auto bitsetting”? I can’t find a definition of it. I see it means “bitset +R and +RW to -ROM by default”, but I don’t know exactly what that means. Sounds like it makes the media read as a ROM disk, but closing out the media so it can be read in any DVD drive with no software does the same thing, right?

Yes, flash first with 8.19 INT (Buffalo-Internal)*, then to v8.29 if it’s an internal drive. I think the * indicates firmware to flash first when cross flashing.

Auto bitsetting +R to -ROM increases play back compatibility, but changing book type of +RW is not supported by Pioneer drives and can not be done by any means on Pioneer drives. No software that I’m aware of does bitsetting for Pioneer drives.

Thanks a bunch for the info. :wink:

[QUOTE=bevills1;2020445]Yes, flash first with 8.19 INT (Buffalo-Internal)*, then to v8.29 if it’s an internal drive. I think the * indicates firmware to flash first when cross flashing.

Auto bitsetting +R to -ROM increases play back compatibility, but changing book type of +RW is not supported by Pioneer drives and can not be done by any means on Pioneer drives. No software that I’m aware of does bitsetting for Pioneer drives.[/QUOTE]

There is no problem updating to 1.29, just go to rpc…

tdb rpc and search 111 firmware 1.29 but before that you must upgrade to 1.06