[Assistance Please]

vbimport

Hey, I have just recently downloaded the trials versions of Anydvd(5.4.1.1) and CloneDVD2(2.8.5.1) because I’m interested in backing up some of my anime collection.

I generally use DVD Decrypter and and Nero Recode and I have been successful with backing up any and all DVDs. However, my anime collections is proving to be more difficult, so that is why I’m giving Anydvd and Clonedvd2 a go.

Here is the DVD info that I’m trying to back up prior to Ripping the dvd with DVD decrypter into a ISO file:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 5.4.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: HELLSING_VOL2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Here is the the dvd info after I ripped the dvd with DVD decrypter:

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.4.1.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1

Video DVD (or CD) label: HELLSING_VOL2
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

From this point I attempt to Burn with Clonedvd2(and of course Anydvd running), but I continue to get failed copys with this error WriteDVD 10 11 W2.

I have tried many different variations of coping the dvd, but I just can’t figure this one out. I have tried Ripping the dvd with and without Anydvd running with DVD Decrypter(generally into a ISO file, but I have tried ripping it into a VOB or whatever its called) , I have tried ripping the dvd with Anydvd running and using DVD Shrink. Each any everytime no matter however I rip the dvd I always get a prompt saying "Writing to video was not successful - media write error - A write error has occurred, probably caused by a bad media. - Please replace the media and try again - WriteDVD 10 11 W2.

The original DVD is by Pioneer, as well… I don’t believe they have any ties with Sony.

I would greatly appreciate any and all help of this matter as I would really like to give AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 a shot, because from what I hear it is a lot less time consuming that Nero recode.

Thanks and sorry if i posted this in the wrong place… :bow:

Why are you using Decrypter or Shrink at all? Just use Clonedvd with Anydvd running. Use Clonedvd to both rip and burn.

The samething happens… I forgot to post that in my original post… but i just tried again and it failed.

What media and burn speeds are you using?

Got to ask - does it still do this error with any other movies? Generally this error would indicate crap media or your burner is dying. You could give it a try at burning at a slightly lower speed. Make sure your burner firmware is up to-date and try a different brand of media (post media code please)

I just gave Sin City a go… all went well(the copy plays beautifully). I have tried to alternate the burn speeds I think I went from Maximum down to 6x, I still got the same message. Anyway, I did some reading through the boards and updated my firmware(LG/HLDS GSA-4082B).

I tried copying teh DVD after that and it was a successful copy(dunno if it was luck though).

I just have 2 other questions if anyone wouldn’t mind answering… Should I be using A209 as my firmware? The wierdest thing happened when I got home from work today… My PC was beeping and said that my Radeon 9800 Pro doesnt have power running to it… The thing is… it did. i turned my PC off unplugged my video card and back in turned it back on and all was well again. Anyway, i just though that was a odd thing to happen out of the blue. Would me updating my firmware have any impact on that?

Thanks!

Sounds like you might have power supply problems. Power is, after all, the life blood of any system. How big of a power supply do you have? The 9800 can suck down quite a bit and if you have multiple optical drives, hard drives, a big cpu, etc, that can quickly eat a lot of power. Just something to consider.