ASROCK Z68 EXTREME4 and PSU questions

vbimport

My ASROCK Z68 Extreme has an 8 pin connector labeled as ATX12v1.
My Antec 620W PSU came with two 4 pin connectors off a y split. I have already plugged in the 24pin connector. Am I supposed to plug in one or both of the 4 pin connectors???

This building a PC stuff is for the birds… Documentation from the maker of the case, the mobo, and the PSU, all leave tons of questions for amatures…

I’m definately going to do a write up of all the issues and questions I encountered during my build. They don’t make this easy…

Both if you can fit them. The 8 pin power socket near the CPU is to make sure you have good power to the CPU power pump (MOSFETS).

Thanks dee. Is it just me, or does the documentation from asrock, and from antecedents, both leave a lot of questions and few answers concerning some of this stuff.
I saw nothing in my documentation to help me figure out which wire was ground on my mobo connectors (front panel, other case connectors.

Yo Rob-

It’s you :wink:

(jk-eh)

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2598012]Thanks dee. Is it just me, or does the documentation from asrock, and from antecedents, both leave a lot of questions and few answers concerning some of this stuff.
I saw nothing in my documentation to help me figure out which wire was ground on my mobo connectors (front panel, other case connectors.[/QUOTE]
In most instances the sockets on the motherboards are marked. I agree the first build is the hardest, but if you take your time, you can do it. On my first build I attached everything I could outside the case, then marked the wires and reattached them when the motherboard was seated. You are always going to have little parts left over, just make sure they aren’t important ones. LOL. and yes I agree the Asrock installation manual leaves alot to be desired.

I have to confess, I never looked at the manual for this board until a few days after setting the system up.