ASPI Manager

vbimport

Ok not too sure if this is a newbie question or not.

I had Blindwrite on my PC and ever since I have had trouble with my ASPI manager, it wont let me use cdrwin, or the DVD drive

when I go into these it says there are no devices found, however if I go into the Device manager says the drivers are loaded ok. Well the only thing I had done was install win2k SP2. So I took it off, no joy, put it back on, no joy.

installed Nero, no joy.

I am assuming I am pretty dumb. I even went to the microsoft site for some help (fat lot of good that place is) so then went to cnet and sounds like I am not the only one this has happened to.

Is there a way to repaire windows with this, or reinstall it.

Thanx

Griffiern:confused:

Check the web for a program called aspichk (just search using google) and also a program called forceaspi, this should help you out.

Originally posted by ctwiner
Check the web for a program called aspichk (just search using google) and also a program called forceaspi, this should help you out.

Was thinking the same thing here!
Get ForceAspi to reïnstall your aspi drivers.

Thanx for the help trying it today.

:smiley:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?cat=%2FOperating+System%2FMicrosoft+Windows+XP&filekey=aspi_v470.exe
The current and updated ASPI this was updated in Feb.

ASPI 4.60 is also still available from Adaptec - use this one. 4.57 is also a known stable version - hard to find - works best with 98 (not 98SE). I anticipate a 4.7x or 4.8 as XP/2K systems continue to fall over.

The file in question is wnaspi32.dll - this is the one you paid for. It’s now free so use ASPI4ALL or ForecASPI if you want 4.60 and can’t be bothered searching the Adaptec site.