ASPI drivers for windows version v4.72

Updated 29 10 02

Description:
Updated ASPI drivers version 4.72 for Windows 98, NT 4, Me, 2000 and XP. Includes ASPICHK version checking utility. Adaptec provides this software without charge and as a courtesy to Adaptec product users but offers no technical support regarding this software.

Here :
http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.html?sess=no&cat=/Product/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_v472a2.exe

Should I use it with Windows XP? Or should I keep the old 4.70?

Yep it is ok for xp

Originally posted by vio_man

Should I use it with Windows XP? Or should I keep the old 4.70?

The best is to keep the old 4.60 :wink:

I agree with BoSkin. I have a few programs that need an ASPI layer installed, and v4.6 works fine for all. Use ForceASPI.

Maybe the new version might be ok, but I won’t try them until its time to format my PC again… usually every 3 months! Is that a lot? LOL! I might ask this question in a more appropriate column!

CJS
You might be right to keep 4.6 just in case there is problems with 4.72.

I format once a week so every 3 months aint a lot

4,72 doesnt work properluy wiht me. i have xp. clony only recognises the 2 virtuial drives and so does ddump. where cani get forceaspi or the 4.60’s?

LOL !! :bigsmile: I thought I was bad! Where do you find the time jellybelly? I remember the good old days when using a windows 98 floppy and typing “A:\format C:”
Now WinXp CD autoruns and makes life easier…

Oh, you can get ForceASPI at: ForceASPI v4.6

What is a forceaspi for ? does everybody have to have it installed? I have win2k and use Nero. Lately I’ve notice Nero is very slow to copy music cd’s, it used to take me 2 to 3 minutes to copy a cd, now it takes 6 to 7 minutes. Can some one tell me if installing the forceaspi will help in performance. Also I do you know What aspi you are using.

Originally posted by Flores

What is a forceaspi for ?

Here’s some info about Force ASPI ( just scroll down to it )