ASPI driver

i was trying to get my new butner lite-on 52327s to work with furio and a popup told me i had an old ASPI driver and it would not detect my burner. i got it to work with a generic but… it want it to work properly. i dont want to use adaptcs because i hear it is shit. can anyone tell me how to fix this error?

Originally posted by oab
i was trying to get my new butner lite-on 52327s to work with furio and a popup told me i had an old ASPI driver and it would not detect my burner. i got it to work with a generic but… it want it to work properly. i dont want to use adaptcs because i hear it is shit. can anyone tell me how to fix this error?

Adaptec ASPI (layer) V. 4.6 don’t suck, but you might run into problems with earlyer/later versions.
I belive Mr. Fangmeier has not made a specific driver for your drive (yet), so you’ll have to stick to the generic. Not sure though.

If you’re using Win2K or XP, then select the STPI interface.
Go to Program Parameters -> Access mode -> DeviceIoControl.

If you’re using Win98/ME then install ASPI 4.60 (1021).

Anyway, your drive is still not supported by Feurio, so you’ll have to use a generic driver.

Originally posted by BeeR_DoG
Adaptec ASPI (layer) V. 4.6 don’t suck, but you might run into problems with earlyer/later versions.

Well, some of the experts don’t share my humble opinion. As you can read in this thread. All I can say is that I never had any trouble with V. 4.6
The thread is not audio/Feurio, related, but there’s a lot of talking about the Adaptec ASPI layer.