[ask] forgot which ide atapi to uninstall

Guys, mine is lg dvdr drive 22 sata, the problem is the dvd burn speed is so slow, and yes the dma is turned on

I had a similiar problem a long time ago, and I solved it by uninstalled the ide atapi controller, so windows would restart to install it’s own driver, the problem is, I forgot which ide controller to uninstall

Can someone help me ?

Thanks

The SATA controller shouldn’t be related with the IDE controller. They should be separate pieces of hardware.

I can’t see any relation between uninstalling the IDE driver and improving the SATA drive performance.

Maybe you can install again the chipset drivers (usually the SATA controller drivers are included there). Check in the mainboard website if a newer version is available, often this solve many issues (read the changelog before to install a newer version, just to be sure).

@Geno, that’s the main reason why I had this problem again, this happens after I updated the nforce driver

oops :frowning:

I remember surely that uninstalling ide atapi driver is the solution, but which one ?

I think that you can uninstall all IDE drivers because after the reboot windows will install again all drivers.

Hi,[quote=paleskin;2199759]I remember surely that uninstalling ide atapi driver is the solution, but which one ?[/quote]if you installed Nvidia’s IDE controller drivers, then just run the Nvidia installer that is accessible in “Control Panel->Add/Remove Software” and select the IDE drivers to be uninstalled.

Michael