AS requested Auto Liteon Bitsetter

vbimport

OK its done, Please test and report.

The program sends a ROM book type command to ALL Liteon drives found then exits so you will see nothing happen.

DVDinfoPro can be used to prove it worked, load a disc and check settings after running the small tool.

So you can call it in your startup and the default mode for the drive will be set to ROM.

1 hour from request to complete heh heh :wink:

download it here:

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/download/liteon2rom.zip

Enjoy

Cheers
NicW

Great work man, i will test it tonight and let you know.

THANKS A LOT:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bigsmile:

WOW, great one, nic, OMG, this is soooo good
now, if you can get this into dvdinfopro :smiley:
then we’re fine :smiley: hahaha, wow, i love this

@nicw

I would like to modify the firmware to restore the book type after a reset or power off but I need to know the command that sets it. I am confident it can be done. Could you provide me with this information. I can PM my email address to you if you would prefer. Thanks…

P.S. See “Read Speed Hacked Firmware” for my credentials…

Originally posted by C0deKing
[B]@nicw

I would like to modify the firmware to restore the book type after a reset or power off but I need to know the command that sets it. I am confident it can be done. Could you provide me with this information. I can PM my email address to you if you would prefer. Thanks…

P.S. See “Read Speed Hacked Firmware” for my credentials… [/B]

That is what the program does, and without any firmware mods, just run it in your startup and ROM is set to all Liteon drives connected. So at every logon your drives are set to ROM.

cheers
Nicw

Nice, sure beat having the bit utility run at startup.

Originally posted by nicw
[B]That is what the program does, and without any firmware mods, just run it in your startup and ROM is set to all Liteon drives connected. So at every logon your drives are set to ROM.

cheers
Nicw [/B]

Thanks for your reply but it does not help with external USB enclosures that are connected after bootup.

Originally posted by C0deKing
Thanks for your reply but it does not help with external USB enclosures that are connected after bootup.

Yes it does, and it works for 1394 too, this occurs after startup, after during logon, call the program from your startup directory and it will set the book type to ROM.

if you connect a drive after logon then just run the app, or run it from a script that calls the burning app too, so its always done before burning.

cheers
Nicw

Great work Nic…does this work with stock firmware on my 812?

Originally posted by Jamos
Great work Nic…does this work with stock firmware on my 812?

I am not sure when they added bitsetting for the 812s but mine certainly works fine which is on the latest release firmware.

cheers
NicW

Nice work :slight_smile:
I think that it would be nice to have a possibility to pass a parameter to this little app: a exe location of program to run after bitsetting.

I would be easy to create shortcuts to run liteon2rom and then clonedvd.exe or liteon2rom and then nero.exe :slight_smile:

best wishes
JOTKA
:iagree:

You can create a simple batch (.BAT file) for that purpose.

Excuse me, i don’t understand, i have a LDW-851s:

the bit setting to rom works only for +R +RW or noe also for -R -RW?

thanks

The BookType bitsetting works only for DVD+R and DVD+RW discs.
BookType of neither DVD-R nor DVD-RW can be changed.

Nice program, thanks nic.

BTW, how does the program recognize suitable drives? Does it look at the ID and/or the firmware version, or do you check whether the command is successful or something else?

hmmm…seems the proggie isn’t working. i’m using hsg8 firmware and my drive is detected as drw-1s81 of 4kus (oem liteon 811s).

using strun.exe to run the proggie at startup. :confused:

Tried with US0A and US0F and still no bitsetting on my 812.

It was set to DVD-ROM in DVDInfoPro but the final disc was not set to DVD-ROM.

Anyone have any luck with bitsetting on the 812 besides nicw?

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]Nice program, thanks nic.

BTW, how does the program recognize suitable drives? Does it look at the ID and/or the firmware version, or do you check whether the command is successful or something else? [/B]

for now it will only work on Liteon drives. it looks for “Lite-on” in the name id string first, then if a match is found it sends a test command, if successful the ROM command it sent then the next drive is checked and so on, so Liteon OEMS wont work for now. Maybe I will change this behaviour if its needed, but I wrote that app in one hour so I took the easy path. :wink:

NicW

Originally posted by DMagic1
Tried with US0A and US0F and still no bitsetting on my 812.

What about US0G?

http://dhc014.rpc1.org/indexOEM.htm#SOHW-812S

Originally posted by dhc014
[B]What about US0G?

http://dhc014.rpc1.org/indexOEM.htm#SOHW-812S [/B]

I cannot explain this either. I have two other 812s drives which are in a test system off site. I will get them back over the weekend and test them too, see if I can nail the problem on this one.