Artec CDRW/DVD Combo -- "ERR: Fail to Open Input File!"

I’ve read and read and tried and tried to revive my Artec CDRW/DVD Combo drive after a firmware update failure for Artec Combo Model: BKM-52X16C to the current firmware version 2.EV210.bin (see: Artec Firmware Support).

The softare used for the update is MTKFLASH ver. 1.62 —
I tried several ways of typing the command and all fail after “erasing” is complete. Once it says “Updating 0%”, it yields the following message:

“ERR: Fail to open input file!”

I’ve even tried using the incorrect firmware version (1.DV210.bin) but it failed to update as well.

Right now I have no drive, its DEAD and I just bought it today!!! :sad: sigh
It’s not being recognized in Windows XP or DOS 6.22.
Nothing has worked for me yet. :confused:

Unplugged the drive (Secondary Master)…
Plugged it back up in DOS… no success.
Downloaded firmware again…
Tried several variations of the command string:

flash 3 w /b 2ev210.bin
flash 3 w 2ev210.bin
flash 3 w /b 2.ev210.bin
flash 3 w /b 2.ev210
flash 3 w 2.ev210.bin
flash 3 w 2ev210.bin
flash 3 w 2.ev210

Not sure what I need to do — i’m discussed!
Can I have some assistance with this please…

Thanks fellaz (and Ladies)!

Well, well…

ITS WORKING!!

The last thing I tried worked!
In DOS after displaying the directory of the floppy by using “dir”
I displayed the file name of the fireware as “2EV210~1”

So this time I used this string and it worked like a charm!!! :cool: :cool:

flash 3 w /b 2ev210~1.bin

Moral to the story is… although the directions say “2ev210.bin”, you must type in what ever it has in DOS when you display the files, such as “2EV210~1” and add “.bin” and you will be good to go!

Hope this helps those that travel this path as well…

PEACE!!!

=================
Now that this is solved, back to my original problem…
Why am i not able to use Nero 6 with my Combo drive to burn DVD disc to blank DVD disc using ‘Copy Disc’ under the DVD tab?

Time to open another thread… :confused:

Because you have a combo drive, not a DVD Burner. Combo drives can read/write CD’s and read DVD’s. They cannot burn DVD’s.

Actually, I am using the Combo as the read (source) drive and the DVD writer as thw destination drive: peep it… http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=103839

Thanks! :cool:

Hey SLICK, how did you get the mobo bios to see the drive??? I am in the same boat you were…but I went back and did what you did but I may be to late… The boot disk doesn’t load the cdrom drivers any more as it doesn’t detect the drive…HELP>>>

That is not necessary for mtkflash!